Much longer gap between tracks using latest firmware.

Anyone else noticed there’s now a gap of 5 or 6 seconds between tracks since they updated their firmware to the latest version? It used to be around 1 second.

Is it just me or is this a recognised issue? If the latter is their a workaround?

Many thanks in anticipation.

@ffa01 wrote:

Anyone else noticed there’s now a gap of 5 or 6 seconds between tracks since they updated their firmware to the latest version? It used to be around 1 second.

 

Is it just me or is this a recognised issue? If the latter is their a workaround?

 

Many thanks in anticipation.

It’s just you. Did you format your internal memory after the update? That seems to be the final step in realizing the full capability of the update. My gaps are the same as before.

I also don’t notice any gap difference after the update.

Maybe it’s your files, if the tags aren’t standard. The Fuze may be interpreting the tags as audio, and it’s coming out as very low-volume static or silence.

@marvin_martian wrote:


@ffa01 wrote:

Anyone else noticed there’s now a gap of 5 or 6 seconds between tracks since they updated their firmware to the latest version? It used to be around 1 second.

 

Is it just me or is this a recognised issue? If the latter is their a workaround?

 

Many thanks in anticipation.


It’s just you. Did you format your internal memory after the update? That seems to be the final step in realizing the full capability of the update. My gaps are the same as before.

I don’t notice the gap, even if I didn’t format my internal memory.

I’ll try a format and report back.

Just formatted, reloaded songs onto player and it works fine now. No gap between tracks.

Thanks for the format suggestion! :wink:

Updated my player yesterday,and i also encountered the same problem.Navigating through the menus is the same speed but changing of songs using any method(nav through menus and changing,skipping song)is definitely slower than before.

I formatted my player just after the upgrade,but i didnt really bother about it as i thought it was because of the stress on the player.

Ill just format it again and load the songs again and let you know.

I dont have any FLAC or OGG formats on my player.I have mostly MP3 and WMA at an average bit rate of about 140kbps.My tags are in ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1 format.

Thanks,

SR

I formatted my fuze AGAIN with no luck.Still theres a big pause when changing from song to song.Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

SR

@sr_rox wrote:

I formatted my fuze AGAIN with no luck.Still theres a big pause when changing from song to song.Can someone help me with this?

 

 

Thanks,

SR

Sometimes there is a slight issue during the upgrade process, where the firmware does weird things.  I don’t know if this will help, but since most people aren’t experiencing issues with the new firmware, I would manually re-apply the firmware and format your device.  There may have been a slight glitch during the original process.

This is only a guess on my part.  I don’t know if this will solve the issue or not.

Good luck!