MTP vs. MSC and Itunes Sync

So I finally figured out how to use Itunes sync, I manage to get a playlist from Itunes into my Clip while in MSC mode, as I open the music folder its all there. However, when I disconnect the player from my computer, none of the music shows up, I plug it back in, its all there (in the folder). I change it to MTP and plug it back in, and it shows how much space is used up (under properties), but does not show any music in any of the folders. Whats going on?!?! What am I doing wrong? Why cant I get any  of the music that is apparently there, to show up when I disconnect the player? Any Ideas?

Check the music to make sure it’s in .mp3 format. iTunes likes putting everything into a format only an iPod can read.

I was under the impression that Itunes Sync took care of this. Am under the wrong impression?

JSerna wrote:
I was under the impression that Itunes Sync took care of this. Am under the wrong impression?

yes

okay…i guess it was wishful thinking. I ended up just using an mp3 converter.

According to posts in the support forum at http://www.binaryfortress.com/itunes-sync/, iTunes Sync will convert a variety of audio formats, including AAC, before syncing.  I haven’t tested this myself, though.

FYI, Winamp will transcode on the fly while syncing.  I use it to transcoed form FLAC to mp3 when syncing my Clip and Fuze.

One other thing … the songs can’t have DRM.  If you purchased them from the iTunes Store, they’d have to be iTunes Plus songs, for example.