MTP to MSC Conversion

When I got my Fuze, I set it up in MTP mode. I think I chose this because I could add links to the folders on the Fuze within the folders on my computer from which I transferred files. This didn’t seem to work as well in MSC mode. But I could be remembering that poorly. Anyway, I tried to switch to MSC mode and although it seems seemless in my Fuze, now I cannot see any files in Windows Explorer. All folders from the Fuze are visible but there are no contents. When I switch back to MTP, all files are again visible in Windows Explorer. If I wanted to make this switch, do I need to move my files off the Fuze, then make the switch, then add them back?

@curtiscool wrote:
When I got my Fuze, I set it up in MTP mode. I think I chose this because I could add links to the folders on the Fuze within the folders on my computer from which I transferred files. This didn’t seem to work as well in MSC mode. But I could be remembering that poorly. Anyway, I tried to switch to MSC mode and although it seems seemless in my Fuze, now I cannot see any files in Windows Explorer. All folders from the Fuze are visible but there are no contents. When I switch back to MTP, all files are again visible in Windows Explorer. If I wanted to make this switch, do I need to move my files off the Fuze, then make the switch, then add them back?

Yes. Files loaded in MTP mode are not visible (on your computer) in MSC mode, and vice-versa. It’s a Windows thing. Blame Bill Gates. :laughing: