Since this is a fairly new device (its my first Sansa player), it might be worthwhile to explain the consequences of MCP & MTP. Most of these I’ve learned the hard way.
From what I’ve seen:
- Works with most OSs
- You can edit the tags for music on the device
- Database update is slower
- M3U playlists must have filenames relative to the directory of the playlist, and can’t include both internal and SD files in the same playlist
- No support for DRM (protected WMA)
- Database updates in ~30 seconds (8GB)
- Tags can’t be edited after music is on the device. To change tags, you must edit them on the computer.
- Playlists are more flexible
Message Edited by bdb on 04-26-2008 07:32 PM