Mp3 128Kbps & 192kbps can you have both on Fuze?

Hi!

I am well pleased with my Fuze 8Gb. I have a question and rather than jump in and mess things up, I thought I’d consult you guys to save (possible) tears later.

I have ripped about 1 dozen CD’s tp MP3 @128kbps using MTP, windows Xp pro and winowsmedia player 10. Everything is fine but am installing 16Gb sdhc card and decided to move up a notch to 192 Kbps. ( Dont want to move much faster as shortens batt life??)

My question is this: will the existing 128 Kbps live side by side with the (planned) new 192 speed or will the whole lot need to be at the same speed?

Any pearls of knowledge most welcome. I could go ahead & just try but the thing works just fine and dont wish to risk any foul ups or corruptions. Sorry if this is question 101 but am very new to this style of media.

Youric1 wrote:

Hi!

I am well pleased with my Fuze 8Gb. I have a question and rather than jump in and mess things up, I thought I’d consult you guys to save (possible) tears later.

I have ripped about 1 dozen CD’s tp MP3 @128kbps using MTP, windows Xp pro and winowsmedia player 10. Everything is fine but am installing 16Gb sdhc card and decided to move up a notch to 192 Kbps. ( Dont want to move much faster as shortens batt life??)

My question is this: will the existing 128 Kbps live side by side with the (planned) new 192 speed or will the whole lot need to be at the same speed?

Any pearls of knowledge most welcome. I could go ahead & just try but the thing works just fine and dont wish to risk any foul ups or corruptions. Sorry if this is question 101 but am very new to this style of media.

Mix and match as you please. I have not only all different sizes,but most of my tunes are VBR(variable bit rate), and they all play happily together. You most likely won’t notice much, if any,  battery life difference with different size MP3’s.

Wow answer in moments. Marvin Martian ur a gent & scholar sir!

a bazillion thanks for your help and advice.

Youric1:smileyvery-happy:

Youric1 wrote:

Wow answer in moments. Marvin Martian ur a gent & scholar sir!

a bazillion thanks for your help and advice.

Youric1:smileyvery-happy:

You’re welcome:smiley: