Mmmmm . . . Bacon!

Did you see Lady Gaga?

@saxmaster765 wrote:

Did you see Lady Gaga?

She may be a cheap piece of meat, but she can’t hold a candle to a good slice of bacon. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@saxmaster765 wrote:

Did you see Lady Gaga?

She may be a cheap piece of meat, but she can’t hold a candle to a good slice of bacon. :stuck_out_tongue:

If she was anyone but Lady GaGa, she would not have been allowed in.  I can’t believe she wore real meat.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Back on topic . . .

Yeah, me too!  Smiley

Back on topic . . .

Yeah, me too!  Smiley

How addicted are you to bacon?

Take the test.

I thought I was on-topic.  Someone said there’s bacon in that dress.  :wink:

But this is better.

French toast cupcakes with maple buttercream frosting, topped with crispy bacon.  Who can resist?  :smiley:

I think I’ll start my Christmas Wish-List this year with this new cookbook:

I had an interesting bacon discovery recently!

A friend handed me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich mid-afternoon, one that his wife had packed for him as a snack.  Hey, how can one refuse a PB and J , especially at such an opportinity?  I took a big bite, wondering what the jelly component just might be… as variety is indeed the spice of life, with a few exceptions of course, as the married among us will most certainly attest- discovering what kind of sweet sticky goodness is nestled inside that PB&J is great fun.

There was something splendidly different, savory, and chewy in that sandwich.  Bacon!!!

I had never heard of such a combination, especially in the die hard staple, the peanut butter and jelly.  That is, until now.  Those savory strips of pork are wonderful in there, i must proclaim.

As a cyclist, cramming all sorts of calories down my neck is routine, often to the amusement of the wife and children.  As a result, plenty of novel commestibles have found their way to the Bobster.  Never tried bacon in a PB&J before.  Come to think of it, that American favorite, adding melted cheddar to a slice of apple pie, hasn’t either.  Bringing myself to modifying that classic blend of apples, sugar, cinnamon, and flour has always seemed sacrilegious…

Well, would bacon work in apple pie?  The sweetness is just about right, come to think of it.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Mmmmm . . . PBJ and B. That does sound good! By the way, what flavor was the jelly? :stuck_out_tongue:

Have never tried bacon in apple pie, but it sounds interesting. I do love a nice sharp cheddar shredded & melted on top. Ordered melted cheese on my apple pie at a Marie Callendar’s restaurant one time and the waitress looked at me as if I’d just escaped from the nearest mental institution. :dizzy_face:

I thought this would not be a strange request at a restaurant famous for its pies, but apparently this accoutrement was a new one on them.

They brought me a piece of apple pie with a slice of (blasphemy) ‘american’ cheese laid across it and ‘nuked’. Yuck! :angry:

Hey Tape!

It was grape.  My personal favorite has always been strawberry.  When you mentioned the slab of American cheese on your apple pie, I about fell over.  Perhaps, a dollup of Cheez Whiz would suffice at this point?  Yuck.

I can understand the tartness of a proper sharp cheddar, but “burger cheese” is an entirely different animal, isn’t it?

Come to think of it, I remember seeing “American” slices packaged as “Canadian” (over 20 years ago).  Exact same label, except the country had neen changed.  I searched the Interwebz for a suitable bit of photographic evidence, to no avail.  Found plenty of photos of Kraft Dinner, surprisingly.  I remember when it was labelled as “dinner” in the States years ago, rather than “macaroni and cheese”.

Yes, I grew up with the proper Canadian version, replete with ketchup on top.  Since ketchup is indeed red, we would draw things on top, happy faces, maple leaves too, with stripes.  Mummy was from Quebec, so eating all things Canadian was part of childhood, of course.  Finding proper maple syrup can be a real task here in “Canada’s apron”, as the local grocery stores have sweetened motor oil, hehe.  Nope, Ronald McDonald didn’t invent maple syrup, nor did he find bacon

Ouch!  Perish the thought!  I see that our geniuses behind the fast food clown are resurrecting the McRib"sandwich" again.  That nasty thing just won’t die!!  It’s entirely possible that the McRib was mass produced in 1969 for the space program, and rejected by NASA.  There must be a warehouse somewhere full of those things, probably next to thousands of retired Civil Defense barrels of survival crackers.  No, slathering those nasty things with barbecue sauce and disguising the resulting melee with pickles can’t hide the truth.  They’re still nasty.  Oh, and I’ll bet a vintage collector Kraft Canadian Cheese package on that (as soon as we check eBay…guarantee somebody has it for sale somewhere, unopened).

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking for a package of thick Canadian style peppered bacon…yes indeed.

@neutron_bob wrote:

I had an interesting bacon discovery recently!

A friend handed me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich mid-afternoon . . . There was something splendidly different, savory, and chewy in that sandwich.  Bacon!!!

As a cyclist, cramming all sorts of calories down my neck is routine, often to the amusement of the wife and children.  As a result, plenty of novel commestibles have found their way to the Bobster.  Never tried bacon in a PB&J before.

I had never heard of such a combination, especially in the die hard staple, the peanut butter and jelly.  That is, until now.  Those savory strips of pork are wonderful in there, i must proclaim.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Here 'ya go, Bob . . .

This should keep you stoked up on those chilly winter rides! :stuck_out_tongue:

^ Surprisingly tasty looking . . . No, really.

Also, I’m trying to get this set of bacon soda, bacon popcorn, bacon lip balm, and bacon gravy.

• Huggable plush bacon for kids and kids at heart 3 and older
  • Says “I’m bacon!” when you squeeze him
  • Mechanical animated mouth

They’re only $19.99

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/e1d0/ 

There’s also other bacon related items…

Bacon  Jellybeans

Bacon Gumballs

Gummy Bacon

Bacon Flavored Envelopes

Bacon Mints

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wacky-edibles/

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Awwww, how cute! Just in time for Christmas . . . a nativity scene. Is that shredded potatoes (hash browns) or sauerkraut for the straw?

Looks yummy in any case. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tapeworm wrote:

Awwww, how cute! Just in time for Christmas . . . a nativity scene. Is that shredded potatoes (hash browns) or sauerkraut for the straw?

Not sure…Just saw it on the “Bob & Tom” website and thought it looked good and festive!

@tapeworm wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

It looks like sauerkraut.  Perhaps it’s a German-style nativity scene.

Sauerkraut makes my burps taste funny . . .

Anyway, who’s up for some of this bacon hot sauce for Christmas?  Better yet, how about all of Think Geek?

_ Great Neck _

_ Pencil Neck _

_ Long Neck _

Bacon Neck