Mmmmm . . . Bacon!

The above post made me laugh.

I never said anything about it, but I got bacon salt from Think Geek for Christmas.  You wouldn’t believe the things I have tried it on.  Nearly everything in my kitchen, to be precise.

Now, the shock.  I found something I didn’t like it on!  For a short list, I’ve put in on ginger cookies, which tastes very nice.  I’ve put in on apples, which also taste good.  I’ve even put it on some lightly sweetened popcorn, which I recommend higher than anything else I’ve tried, since it gave the popcorn the nicest tasting taste I’ve ever had on popcorn.  I went overboard about 10 minutes ago when I put in in some fake tea mix.  This was disgusting.  It was almost not worthy of noting it on the “Mmmmmm . . . Bacon!” thread.

There is proof that bacon doesn’t taste good with everything.

I wouldn’t give up on bacon flavored tea mix just yet.  I’ve never heard of people putting salt in tea, just sugar.  And the mix is a fake one.  Maybe Think Geek should sell a bacon flavored sugar?

I tried it with some actual (hot) tea, and it still tasted pretty nasty.

Anyway, on to some more bacon . . .

Out of curiosity, I tried it and it’s gross!  I placed some leftover bacon pieces into a cup of hot tea, let it seep and it’s the worst tasting thing I’ve ever drank.  Yuck!  I think that you’ve found the only thing that doesn’t get better with bacon added.

Personally, I like Pancetta much better (cured, but not smoked like bacon)… but I suppose that’s another thread…:stuck_out_tongue:

@mags1230 wrote:

Out of curiosity, I tried it and it’s gross!  I placed some leftover bacon pieces into a cup of hot tea, let it seep and it’s the worst tasting thing I’ve ever drank.  Yuck!   I think that you’ve found the only thing that doesn’t get better with bacon added.

Maybe it needs some brown sugar added. :stuck_out_tongue:

@mags1230 wrote:

Out of curiosity, I tried it and it’s gross!  I placed some leftover bacon pieces into a cup of hot tea, let it seep and it’s the worst tasting thing I’ve ever drank.  Yuck!  I think that you’ve found the only thing that doesn’t get better with bacon added.

That’s 5,000 points for The Saxmaster!

Does anyone want to sign up for the Bacon of the Month Club?

Baconator

Hate the annoying ring of the alarm clock in the morning?  Then get this little piggy and mornings will be, not sweet , but savory.  lol

http://mattysallin.wordpress.com/2011/03/20/wake-n-bacon/

Now I know what to get as gifts for next Xmas!  :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, baby!

My wife is on a pilgrimage to see my good buddy Jack.  Bacon’s on the grill!!  She has an ulterior motive, actually, since I’ve cannibalized five tires so far this year, and one chain, cycling about.  Just ordered another pair of Scwalbe Luganos this morning, much more durable than the Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CXs.  At $70 each, well, 'nuff said.  The front Schwalbe is Godzilla, it has 6200 km of wear, and most of the tread is intact.  I’ve shredded the ■■■■ out of those Vittorias.

She doesn’t like it when I’m down to “race weight”, time for some emergency bacon therapy.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Epic Meal Time!!

OK, guys, watch this!!

1 Like

I love bacon.  It is simply the best 

@neutron_bob wrote:

Epic Meal Time!!

Some people should not have access to video cameras!

Smiley

@neutron_bob wrote:

Epic Meal Time!!

Bob 

Some people should not have access to video cameras . . . or YouTube!

Smiley

Dinner idea:

That looks good. 

A snack idea:

I stocked up on bacon stuff a few days ago, including . . .

Bacon

Bacon Salt (2)

Bacon Hot Sauce

Bacon Lip Balm

Bacon Popcorn

1 Like

Bacon ice cream.

This treat uses Bac-O-Bits — turns out the bits makes the bacon flavor even more intense.

For the real pork, hit up the shop when the Chocolate-Covered Bacon ice cream is on the menu. The crunchy, chocolate-dipped bacon strips taste like candy bursting out of custardy vanilla ice cream.

http://www.delish.com/recipes/cooking-recipes/unusual-ice-cream-flavors#fbIndex2 

I didn’t realize this had a bacon flavor until after I bought it from the vending machine.  I just like the Potato Skin chips.  They’re good.