MicroSD HC PNY 8Gig Card Issues - Help!

Hi,

Does anyone else have issues with the 8Gig PNY MicroSD HC Card or is it my Sansa Clip+ that is at fault?

It kept sticking at ‘Refreshing your media’ and would not go past that screen.

Then using a USB adaptor I checked the Card and it worked fine, and so I loaded two albums on to it.

I then tried it again in the Clip+ and it worked! (It created its own folders on the SD Card called Media/Albums)

So then I proceeded to add more albums (about 15 in total) and it crashed again ‘Refreshing your media’

So I am back at square one!

Can anyone help, do I need to create certain folder names on the CD card to load music on to it?

I am really stuck, someone please help!!

90% of the time when you have refreshing database problems, like hanging or freezing it’s caused by the player not being able to decypher the ID3 tags it scans while trying to build its database. It could be the wrong format of tags or the Comments field loaded with garbage or strange, foreign or unrecognized characters in any of the fields.

Get a dedicated tagging program like MP3Tag. With this, you can make quick work of getting your tags in order and making sure they’re the format (ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1) that reads best on all Sansa mp3 players.

The other 10% of freezing issues during database refreshes is ususally caused by corrupted files. You can scan (and sometimes fix) these files  with Windows Error-Checking or ChkDsk. Sometimes though, you have to get rid of the bad files and get new copies, by re-ripping the songs from the CD’s or downloading another copy. Don’t use P2P file-stealing sharing sites like Limewire. They’re notorious for problem files.

I haven’t heard (or read) of any compatibility issues with the PNY brand of memory cards.

90% of the time when you have refreshing database problems, like hanging or freezing it’s caused by the player not being able to decypher the ID3 tags it scans while trying to build its database. It could be the wrong format of tags or the Comments field loaded with garbage or strange, foreign or unrecognized characters in any of the fields.

Get a dedicated tagging program like MP3Tag. With this, you can make quick work of getting your tags in order and making sure they’re the format (ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1) that reads best on all Sansa mp3 players.

The other 10% of freezing issues during database refreshes is ususally caused by corrupted files. You can scan (and sometimes fix) these files  with Windows Error-Checking or ChkDsk. Sometimes though, you have to get rid of the bad files and get new copies, by re-ripping the songs from the CD’s or downloading another copy. Don’t use P2P file-stealing sharing sites like Limewire. They’re notorious for problem files.