Micro sd's

Zip will not read my PNY card.

Clip +  will read either Sandisk or PNY, but Zip refuses to read the PNY car. It will play Sandisk cards fine though.

I’d try reformatting the card.  The SD Association’s formatter tool often is recommended. 

https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

My Fuse will read the PNY Micro SD, but my Clip(s) will not!

Great–they’re different players. Now. did you try reformatting the card with the SD Association’s reformatter tool, as suggested earlier?

yes, no change, thanks

UPDATE

Went to the retailer, exchanged the PNY Micro SD 32gb for a new replacement one.

Loaded 4 albums.

Works on the Fuse, the Clip +, NOT the Clip Zip.

What could it be?

I am going to load it and use it with my Clip +, but I really wanted it for the ZIP. My Clip plus has a headphone short and it bothers me. Guess I’ll need to but a new Clip Plus now.

Edit—> Nope, now the Clip + won’t see it either. it worked for abput 2 minutes.

Sounds like an MTP issue. Put the card in the Fuze, connect the Fuze, and delete the music on the card. Disconnect the Fuze and set the USB mode to MSC(settings, system settings, usb mode) . Reconnect the Fuze and copy the files to it again. Don’t put MTP transfered files on card memory unless you want problems. If you need to use MTP mode to transfer protected files, then transfer those to internal memory, and use the card memory for your unprotected files.

1 Like

Once you get the files off the card, you could load the card much faster using a USB card reader rather than loading it through a player. If you don’t have a usb card reader, then I suggest you load the card in your Clip Zip, as it will load much faster than in your Fuze. Make sure the USB mode on the Clip Zip is set to MSC first before you connect the Clip Zip to load the card.

1 Like

I got tired and frustrated and took the PNY 32 back.

I do appreciate the help.

I was alwys working in MSC mode with all devices.

Can’t figger out why the Fuse sees the card but my 3 Clips do not.

It does indeed seem wonky, but could just be a compatibity issue. You usually can’t go wrong with using a SanDisk card in a SanDisk player though.

1 Like

Correct.

I’ll get a SanDisk Micro 32 soon.

Maybe even today seeing the web special.

BTW–is it just me, or does anybody else prefer the Plus to the Zip due to the buttons? I don’t like the configuration of the menu buttons. I cannot feel the buttons as well when running, so I have to actually look at it to do what I want. With the Plus, I can do it easier.

@glfnaz wrote:

BTW–is it just me, or does anybody else prefer the Plus to the Zip due to the buttons? I don’t like the configuration of the menu buttons. I cannot feel the buttons as well when running, so I have to actually look at it to do what I want. With the Plus, I can do it easier.

I agree with you. It’s too easy to skip forward to the next track, or start the existing track over with the way the buttons extend all the way to the sides of the unit on the Zip.

Yes, that’s what I meant.

I needed a new Clip because the one I use for my travel kit ( I travel a lot, so i keep one packed and ready to go in my luggage) got a short in the headphone jack. So  got a new Zip. Well, I’ve decided to rotate the Zip into my travel kit, and keep a Plus as my everyday home player. I really like it better.

Do you think they are going to phase out the Plus, as the Zip is basically the same thing at the same price (but a color screen)?

@glfnaz wrote:

Do you think they are going to phase out the Plus, as the Zip is basically the same thing at the same price (but a color screen)?

Yep, you can count on it. It’s just a matter of time.

With the arrival of the Zip, the Clip+ has likely already been discontinued. They just don’t usually make a formal announcement of that fact.

Note that SanDisk now lists (without manufacturer info.) as a known issue with the version 17 firmware that some makes of microSD cards will not work on the Clip Zip.  Perhaps PNY?  This is a real bummer.   :frowning:

Note that SanDisk now lists (without manufacturer info.) as a known issue with the version 17 firmware that “Some brands and types of microSD cards are not recognized by device.”  Perhaps PNY?  This is a real bummer (and especially as I have a PNY card …).      Unclear to me if this is “permanent” issue or something that can be fixed–I thought that the microSD card standard was, well, a standard.

Note that SanDisk now lists (without manufacturer info.) as a known issue with the version 17 firmware that “Some brands and types of microSD cards are not recognized by device.”  Perhaps PNY?  This is a real bummer (and especially as I have a PNY card …).      Unclear to me if this is “permanent” issue or something that can be fixed–I thought that the microSD card standard was, well, a standard.  And odd that a card might work on the Clip/Clip+ but not, suddenly, with the Clip Zip.   :(   :wink:

I actually met the local AZ Sansa sales rep at a store this week and had a discusion with her about this. I wonder if she passed on the info. The PNY just didn’t work for me in either the Plus or Zip. It *did* work in my old Fuse.

Good for conveying the info. on. I really dislike the idea that a standard isn’t, well, a standard–it just works to the consumer’s detriment (as well as to the manufacturer’s, when all is said and done).