Michael Jackson

In case you haven’t heard . . . he died today at age 50 from an apparant heart attack.

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrities/ci_12690011?nclick_check=1

And while she made no contribution to the music industry, Farah Fawcett who had been battling cancer for the last couple of years, also expired today.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12689441?source=rss

With Ed McMahon dying just the other day, that makes 3.

:cry:

I don’t buy into that “always happens in 3’s” bull**bleep**.

10,000 people probably died today.

RIP … EVERYONE.

Of course they weren’t the only people to die recently. It would be foolish to even suggest that. But we memorialize them because we know who they were. We feel a connection, even though few, if any, of us ever met them.

@tapeworm wrote:

In case you haven’t heard . . . he died today at age 50 from an apparant heart attack.

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrities/ci_12690011?nclick_check=1

And while she made no contribution to the music industry, Farah Fawcett who had been battling cancer for the last couple of years, also expired today.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12689441?source=rss

What about David Carradine? :stuck_out_tongue:

They will probably find it was cardiac arrest and not a heart attack. Only about 5% of people that go into it survive. I know all about it, I have VT from a birth defect that took over 50 years to show up. I got lucky and did not hit fibrillation when my heart raced. Had an ICD implant after it happened. It will zap me back if I go down. Looks to me that Michael was not one of the lucky ones.

I wonder if we will begin to see covers of his hits now… And I dont mean Smooth Criminal… I bet his estate sells the rights off on the cheap. Also I bet Paul and Ringo swoop in and buy up the rights to the Beatles songs he owns.

@conversionbox wrote:
I wonder if we will begin to see covers of his hits now… And I dont mean Smooth Criminal… I bet his estate sells the rights off on the cheap. Also I bet Paul and Ringo swoop in and buy up the rights to the Beatles songs he owns.

I have NO idea if it’s true, but somebody at work said it was in his will to have the rights go to Paul…but again maybe be just a wild-a$$ guess.

@GWK: I was refering to the comment about “3’s”. People always say “it always happens in 3’s…”

No… it doesn’t…

@peregrine wrote:

@GWK: I was refering to the comment about “3’s”. People always say “it always happens in 3’s…”

No… it doesn’t…

David Carradine died and there were no others that week… so no its not always in 3s

I find this whole thing rather bizarre.  Last week people I associate with, thought that Jackson was the ■■■■ of the earth.  Now that he is dead, they are calling him an “icon”.  I’m sorry that he is gone, but I just hope that his legacy doesn’t get blown out of proportion just because he died fairly young.  He had lots of talent, but also many, many demons to go along with that talent.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:
I find this whole thing rather bizarre.  Last week people I associate with, thought that Jackson was the ■■■■ of the earth.  Now that he is dead, they are calling him an “icon”.  I’m sorry that he is gone, but I just hope that his legacy doesn’t get blown out of proportion just because he died fairly young.  He had lots of talent, but also many, many demons to go along with that talent.

You have the proper perspective on it. What I’ve seen last night and today online was either he was an icon, or he was a (insert distasteful term here) Both sides need to be taken into account.

how about we try to remember M.J. instead of arguing with each other?

@nissanskyline wrote:
how about we try to remember M.J. instead of arguing with each other?

We are not arguing; we are having a healthy discussion.  B-I-G difference.

I’m wondering how many people that are mourning his passing today, gave him a second thought when he was alive?  No disrespect intended.

This whole thing is very strange…

I think the song “Man in the Mirror” is a worthwhile song to listen to.

@nissanskyline wrote:

That and many others. There’s no arguing the fact that he was a huge influence in music at the time and that he was a brilliant, gifted artist in many categories; songwriting, singing, dancing, choreography, etc.

What is a shame is the nose-dive he took from his lofty perch as the “king of pop” to the train-wreck he became in recent years!

@nissanskyline wrote:

I was part of an A Cappella Chorus in High School and we sang that song… always has been one of my favorites.   

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

In case you haven’t heard . . . he died today at age 50 from an apparent heart attack.

. . .Farah Fawcett who had been battling cancer for the last couple of years, also expired today.

You’re absolutely right! How could I forget about our beloved Kung Fu ‘Grasshopper’? That kind blows the ‘always in threes’ theory.

And Billie Mays (indisputably the most obnoxious hawkster & TV pitchman that ever sold snake oil) being found dead in his bed this morning, probably from a subdural hematoma caused by a piece of luggage falling out on an overhead compartment onto his head during a rough airplane landing in Tampa yesterday, brings the total in the last couple of weeks up to 5.

Come to think of it . . .

Anybody notice the resemblance to Bubbles The Chimp? :smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

In case you haven’t heard . . . he died today at age 50 from an apparent heart attack.

. . .Farah Fawcett who had been battling cancer for the last couple of years, also expired today.

You’re absolutely right! How could I forget about our beloved Kung Fu ‘Grasshopper’? That kind blows the ‘always in threes’ theory.

And Billie Mays (indisputably the most obnoxious hawkster & TV pitchman that ever sold snake oil) being found dead in his bed this morning, probably from a subdural hematoma caused by a piece of luggage falling out on an overhead compartment onto his head during a rough airplane landing in Tampa yesterday, brings the total in the last couple of weeks up to 5.

Come to think of it . . .

<–Snip Images–>

Anybody notice the resemblance to Bubbles The Chimp? :smileyvery-happy:

Couple of things to comment on…

1. The Sham Wow Guy… WAY worse than Billy Mays… Plus when he wasnt making infomercials he was doing a really cool show on Discovery, all the Sham wow guy did was get arrested for doing something I cant repeat on this forum.
  1. Asylum Magazine named Bubbles the Chimp the #1 Most Bizarre Video game power up ever. Check it out. 

@conversionbox wrote:

1. The Sham Wow Guy… WAY worse than Billy Mays… Plus when he wasnt making infomercials he was doing a really cool show on Discovery, all the Sham wow guy did was get arrested for doing something I cant repeat on this forum.
  1. Asylum Magazine named Bubbles the Chimp the #1 Most Bizarre Video game power up ever. Check it out. 

1. Yes I agree, the ShamWow guy is a real tool (followin’ me, camera guy?), but I gave extra points to Billie for his accumlative obnoxiousness. He’s been annoying people for decades! Sad thing is, some of the products he used to hawk were actually good (like OxyClean). Now through, they’re pretty much all ■■■■.

ShamWow Dude is geninuely scummier (and if you call right now, 'cause we can’t do this all day!) and the other Aussie guy, Sully isn’t much better (long hair, short hair, my hair, your hair). What’s funny though, is I saw 2 new Billie Mays commercials for products I hadn’t seen yet just last night (Sunday); the same day he died. I guess they figured they’d better air them a couple times quick, before it would be seen in bad taste to show them any more.

1. I find it most disturbing that there even was a Micheal Jackson video game . . . and what’s worse than that is that somebody actually paid money to play it. ShamWow Guy, are you listening? Might be a new gig for you here! :stuck_out_tongue:

@conversionbox wrote:

1. Yes I agree, the ShamWow guy is a real tool (followin’ me, camera guy?), but I gave extra points to Billie for his accumlative obnoxiousness. He’s been annoying people for decades! Sad thing is, some of the products he used to hawk were actually good (like OxyClean). Now though, they’re pretty much all ■■■■.

ShamWow Dude is geninuely scummier (and if you call right now, 'cause we can’t do this all day!) and the other Aussie guy, Sully isn’t much better (long hair, short hair, my hair, your hair). What’s funny though, is I saw 2 new Billie Mays commercials for products I hadn’t seen yet just last night (Sunday); the same day he died. I guess they figured they’d better air them a couple times quick, before it would be seen in bad taste to show them any more.

1. I find it most disturbing that there even was a Micheal Jackson video game . . . and what’s worse than that is that somebody actually paid money to play it. ShamWow Guy, are you listening? Might be a new gig for you here! :stuck_out_tongue: