Message editor bug in Opera

There seems to be a bug in the handling of Enter on the Opera browser. When inserting a line break, the cursor (and any text up to the EOL) move above the current line, instead of below. I’ve learnt my way around this, but it’s still quite frustrating. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m currently using Opera 9.62 on Windows XP SP3. There’s also another Opera poster with the same problem in this thread.

Could you please check this out? Thank you. :smiley:

No one looking into this yet? :frowning:

Anyway: You’ve found a way around this? How? Now don’t tell me you insert a line break at the beginning and write backwards or something :wink:

@pyrazol wrote:

Now don’t tell me you insert a line break at the beginning and write backwards or something :wink:

More or less… yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sometimes I even find it easier to edit the HTML directly. :dizzy_face:

Haha, that’s what I figured. Well, I guess I’ll be using Firefox for these forums then. Maybe at some point in the future (if Neutron_bob finally DOES manage to create a rift in space and time) we’ll be able to use Opera :wink:

And there is an annoying alert telling me that the spell checker is disabled every time.

Please do something. There are working Java Script rich text editors out there (if needed). 

The current version of the editor used (TinyMCE) seems to work fine with Opera. Perhaps a simple update will fix the incompatibilities.