Merry Christmas to all

To everyone,

@mags1230 wrote:

To everyone,

Same to you, along  with Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Boxing Day.:smileyvery-happy:

Anyone remember these old Cocoa-Cola ads? Many may not know that this ‘image’ of Santa Claus that everyone now knows and accepts was from this ad campaign.

A tribute to the power of advertising to be sure.  Smiley

Thanks for the well wishes.

And wishes to all for joyful and peaceful times!

@marvin_martian wrote:

Same to you, along  with Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Boxing Day.:smileyvery-happy:

Can’t forget someone’s bithday either . . . and I’m not talking about JC. There’s a very important member of this forum who was also born on Dec. 25th, although it was probably a few years later than the one we all associate with this day.

Out of respect for his privacy, I won’t reveal his name  . . .

but his initials are n_b.

Smiley

DISCLAIMER: The thoughts expressed in this post are my opinions only.  I don’t expect anyone to agree with my feelings.

Personally, I hate what Christmas has morphed into.  Somehow, the true meaning gets lost amid the buying frenzy and the concern about companies “bottom line”.  Luckily, just because the majority of the people that are around me have adopted this viewpoint; it hasn’t for me.

In our household, we celebrate Christmas very simply.  Aside from my wife and I, we don’t exchange any Christmas gifts, nor do we think we have to send a Holiday card to everyone we’ve met during the year.  For us, it’s more about celebrating the true meaning behind the holiday and visiting family and friends.

We’ll go to our local Church service tonight, take a nice long walk amid the pine trees, and maybe snuggle up by the fireplace; drinking some hot chocolate all the way, while we watch our favorite Holiday movies on television.  No parties, hustle and bustle or last minute gift wrapping for us.

Tomorrow we will “feast” (like in the Grinch story) and keep the day simple.

No hard feelings towards anyone that thinks they have to get all involved in the commericial side of the Holidays; it’s just not us.  I just hope the true meaning doesn’t get completely lost in the mix.

Happy Holidays everyone…

This painting probably describes best what our household is like on Christmas day…

That sounds like a marvelous way to celebrate the holiday (personally, I’m of a different faith/culture).

Please invite me over for some of that lucious-looking turkey!    :wink:

@miikerman wrote:

That sounds like a marvelous way to celebrate the holiday (personally, I’m of a different faith/culture).

We change it up every year.  This year, we opted for Standing Rib Roast, Yorkshire Pudding, Butternut Squash, Cabbage Casserole, Green Been Casserole, Sweet Bread Pudding, Savory Bread Pudding, Cheesecake and a couple of assorted pies.  As much as I like turkey, we needed a bit of a break as we have had it a couple of times since the American Thanksgiving.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

We change it up every year.  This year, we opted for Standing Rib Roast, Yorkshire Pudding, Butternut Squash, Cabbage Casserole, Green Been Casserole, Sweet Bread Pudding, Savory Bread Pudding, Cheesecake and a couple of assorted pies.  As much as I like turkey, we needed a bit of a break as we have had it a couple of times since the American Thanksgiving.

That certainly is a wonderful sounding dinner. 

At my house, when we have bread pudding, sometimes one with raisins in it, I make a lemon sauce and a vanilla sauce for it right before it’s served.  The two sauces are a must-have with us when we eat it.