Memory Expansion

Can I use more than one SanDisk®microSD™ 4 GB card to add memory with the 4GB Sansa Fuze Player? Thank you.

@kim0006 wrote:
Can I use more than one SanDisk®microSD™ 4 GB card to add memory with the 4GB Sansa Fuze Player? Thank you.

… ahhhh… is this another trick question??? You can but 50 cards, 1G, 2G, 4G, 8G and gig you want put any music you want on them… just don’t try and jam all 50 in at once… 30 max.

@kim0006 wrote:

Having more than one external card could be helpful if your media collection is too large to fit in one.  You can put, for example, your classical collection on one card, your rock collection on another, and carry these cards with you instead of your laptop when you travel.  When you are in the mode for some classical music, plug in that card.  And when you want some rock n roll, swap in the other.  But like hazza says, you can only use one card at a time.

Yes, but each time you change the card, you will pay the ‘Refreshing Your Media’ time-wasting penalty. Probably SanDisk’s way of encouraging you to not wear out the microSD slot.

Those microsd cards are so small I’d hate to lose one. Carrying multiple cards is a sure fire way to misplace them. It’s probably better to have one large 16GB card then several 4GB cards.

@lukev wrote:
Those microsd cards are so small I’d hate to lose one. Carrying multiple cards is a sure fire way to misplace them. It’s probably better to have one large 16GB card then several 4GB cards.

… or at least it will be when the 4000 track limit is fixed.

@fifer wrote:

@lukev wrote:

… or at least it will be when the 4000 track limit is fixed.

It’s going up to 8,000 from the current 4,120 sometime in the first half of this year, so with any luck the price of the 16GB cards comes down a little by then. I could get a 16GB now…my 21.5GB is 4,056 files…but I’d still have to leave something on the computer, as my Fuze is only 4GB internal. What we need is a $25 32GB card :wink:

@lukev wrote:

That’s why they sell memory card wallets. They usually big enough for the player too, so you’ve got your entire sound system and music collection in 1 little foam & nylon case about the size of . . . well, a pack of cigarettes used to be the standard phrase, but since none of us smoke anymore I guess we’ll have to say  . . . hmmmm, what is it the size of?

I don’t know off-hand, but it’s pretty danged small. :smileyvery-happy:

@marvin_martian wrote:

What we need is a $25 32GB card :wink:

I’ll take two.

Where do they sell these wallets and I hope they are not called a “murse”!!

i’ve got 4 8GB microSD cards stored in one of these little cases.

http://www.amazon.com/Micro-SD-Holder-Storage-Digital-Cameras/dp/B000Y3W51K/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

i keep that in a little sandisk SD card holder i got with some SD card i ordered a while back.

i’va also got one of these and i store the microsSD card in the SD apapter which i then stick a label on.   

http://www.amazon.com/Velbon-DMSP-SD4-Plastic-Digital-Memory/dp/B00009R94Q/ref=pd_cp_e_2?pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000ZD0CV4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0WRYYTTSYSHX1AAKHH6G

i found that putting labels on the microSD card was not a good idea - get stuck in the slot and adapters.

i have seen some interesting storage ideas out there by googling “microsd wallet”

Message Edited by emagon4523 on 01-22-2009 07:54 AM

Thanks a bunch!! great idea!!