Media Converter Won't Install

I downloaded the exe installer, when I click on it it goes part way through the process but says there’s not enough space on my drive and that I should free 89.44MB. The problem is there’s 100GB free on the drive!

Ok I downloaded again and this time it installed. Now it crashes at the end of conversion (freezes, stops responding). It converts fine though.

Riolist! My guess would be you are running Window XP. I think this is a knows issue for SMC. SMC will looks hang up at 99% but the video play fine on the player.

Yea you’re right, Windows XP. Ok, at least I know it’s not just me. Thanks.

Riolist wrote:
I downloaded the exe installer, when I click on it it goes part way through the process but says there’s not enough space on my drive and that I should free 89.44MB. The problem is there’s 100GB free on the drive!

FWIW, I ran into this issue and no matter what I did to try to get the installer to run, including trying to install it on multiple computers, running it in various compatibility mode settings, and beating my head on the keyboard… it still didn’t work.

Then it occurred to me that WinRAR can extract these self-extracting archives as well (or better, clearly…) as they can do themselves.  So, for those of you that are stuck on this issue, give that a whirl.  Just run setup.exe from the directory you extract to, and it should install fine…  Install didn’t have any issues for me, at least.

I tried what I think you said to do and it didn’t work. Perhaps I misunderstood you?

Is there any way to walk me through step by step- to see if I missed something?