Making a simpler menu

Im wondering if you can format the internal memory in the Sansa Clip? When I explore it with File Explorer there is a Windows Vista format option for the Sansa Clip. Ive also noticed that when I add folders , for example — under the MUSIC folder that already exists it doesnt show up in the menu. I can see when I explore with file explorer but it doesnt show on the Clip Menu Screen.

The reason I want to do this is I bought one of these for an older person who finds anything beyond using the ON button far too complicated for his brain. Im not kidding. Im trying to simplify the options as simple as possible so that he can listen to his relaxation/meditation MP3s.

The way the Clip is designed, all that is needed is to navigate to Music, then down to the desired Album. One press of the center button, and the list of tracks pops up.

For simplicity, a single press on the first highlighted track will begin play.

If you have the source CD, simply transferring the CD to the Clip using Windows Media Player, Winamp, or Media Monkey should do the trick, as the required ID3 tags will index his music for easy navigation.

If you have everything as MP3 files already, be sure that the tags are correct, using a utility like MP3Tag, a free utility.

Folder navigation is not supported on the Sansa.

Bob  :wink:

@glennf1000 wrote:

The reason I want to do this is I bought one of these for an older person who finds anything beyond using the ON button far too complicated for his brain. Im not kidding. Im trying to simplify the options as simple as possible so that he can listen to his relaxation/meditation MP3s.

Sounds like an iPod Shuffle would be the best bet, then.  :slight_smile:

If you want a simple device just to play the mp3, go to www.sansa.com and check out the slotMusic player where you just need to load lots of mp3 files on the card and plug in and listen…really simple though.

That’s a great thought!  Just keep in mind–there’s no screen on them.

The new SlotMusic player is designed to accept a µSD card, loaded with MP3 files.  The player simply plays the files in sequence.  It looks like a cool thrasher device, solidly built.

Running off a single 1.5v AAA battery (photos in anythingbutipod)- I’ll have to look a wee bit closer, as most processors want over 2v.  There is a pair of capacitors on the board…hmmm.

I would like one to experiment with.  It looks, at the very least, like a cool way to play a micro card in a rugged environment.

Hopefully, they’ll be available soon.  The black case with sansa logos is very nice looking.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@miikerman wrote:
That’s a great thought!  Just keep in mind–there’s no screen on them.

Now *that’s* a simple menu.  :wink:

I wonder if the new SanDisk slotMusic player will play songs in order by folder/filename like so many of us have been asking for.  If it has no screen, why would they make you use tags?  If they can do folder playback for a $20 device, why not for the Clip?  SANSAFIX??  We’d like an answer please.