I received the Sansa Clip for Christmas, set it up with our old Gateway PC and it worked great. Then the PC broke and we opted to purchase a MAC. Now - the Sansa is useless. It is frozen (I don’t seem to be able to download the firmware), the mini-disk does not fit into the MAC so I don’t think I am even loading it to the computer and basically, the SANSA is worthless. Any suggestions at all? I have spent about 3 hours on the phone with Sandisk support and they are out of suggestions. THANKS
I assume you’ve tried to re-set, with the on switch up for 15 seconds?
If all has failed and the manf. itself can’t help, for return under the warranty?
I did try the reset - no luck. I think I am headed back to BestBuy for a refund or new MP3
ok…try this just for the heck of it.
- Hard reset by slide the power button up and hold it for 10 seconds
- Slide the power button back into HOLD and press-n-hold WHILE connecting to your MAC to force it into MSC mode
- If it’s indeed connecting, go to Disk Utilities and format the device as DOS (FAT16) & upgrade to the latest fw
- Unplug to let fw upgrade then go to settings & change the USB mode to MSC and it should work with MAC
- If all else failed, do a return
Quite candidly, when there are problems that can’t easily be addressed, I think that often is the easiest route, if there’s a store nearby–just exchange and start fresh.
As to returning it, quite candidly, when there are problems that can’t easily be addressed, I think that often is the easiest route, if there’s a store nearby–just exchange and start fresh.
I do recommend that the absolutely first thing you do is upgrade to the newest firmware. Not knowing enough about Macs, I might even be superstitious enough to try to do that on a PC before hooking up to a Mac (but the Mac-folk here know best).