MAC problems

I received the Sansa Clip for Christmas, set it up with our old Gateway PC and it worked great. Then the PC broke and we opted to purchase a MAC. Now - the Sansa is useless. It is frozen (I don’t seem to be able to download the firmware), the mini-disk does not fit into the MAC so I don’t think I am even loading it to the computer and basically, the SANSA is worthless. Any suggestions at all? I have spent about 3 hours on the phone with Sandisk support and they are out of suggestions. THANKS

I assume you’ve tried to re-set, with the on switch up for 15 seconds?

If all has failed and the manf. itself can’t help, for return under the warranty?

I did try the reset - no luck. I think I am headed back to BestBuy for a refund or new MP3

ok…try this just for the heck of it.

1. Hard reset by slide the power button up and hold it for 10 seconds
  2. Slide the power button back into HOLD and press-n-hold WHILE connecting to your MAC to force it into MSC mode
  3. If it’s indeed connecting, go to Disk Utilities and format the device as DOS (FAT16) & upgrade to the latest fw
  4. Unplug to let fw upgrade then go to settings & change the USB mode to MSC and it should work with MAC
  5. If all else failed, do a return

Quite candidly, when there are problems that can’t easily be addressed, I think that often is the easiest route, if there’s a store nearby–just exchange and start fresh. 

As to returning it, quite candidly, when there are problems that can’t easily be addressed, I think that often is the easiest route, if there’s a store nearby–just exchange and start fresh. 

I do recommend that the absolutely first thing you do is upgrade to the newest firmware.  Not knowing enough about Macs, I might even be superstitious enough to try to do that on a PC before hooking up to a Mac (but the Mac-folk here know best).