M240 Frozen / Unrecognized by OS (Vista or XP)

Hi,

Can someone help with the problem mentioned above. I have unsuccessfully tried resolving this issue using “Answer ID 42”.

Note that I tried that fix on a Vista and XP computer with the same result, i.e. device not recognized. Therefore I can’t reformat it or upgrade the firmare (U4.0.44A).

Thanks,

Message Edited by YBeaupre on 03-02-2009 04:01 PM

Message Edited by YBeaupre on 03-02-2009 04:01 PM

Hi,

Can someone help with the problem mentioned above. I have unsuccessfully tried resolving this issue using “Answer ID 42”.

Note that I tried that fix on a Vista and XP computer with the same result, i.e. device not recognized. Therefore I can’t reformat it or upgrade the firmare (U4.0.44A).

Thanks,

I am not sure what “Answer ID 42” is so excuse me if I am repeating something.  With that said 3 things you need to ensure  are happening:

1. Using WMP 11.

2. Are using MSC mode. (Menu,Settings,USB)

3. Are connected to a direct usb port on your computer; not connected with some type of usb hub.

Hi,

“Answer ID 42” is the document answer #15 refers to (Sansa player not recognized by Operating System) in FAQ summary of the support page for Sansa Players titled:“Sansa m200 series player is frozennand unresponsive”.

Note that I use WMP 11. When I turn on my player, after it initialized, it freezes in its welcome page, i.e. The firmware version (V4.0.44A) is showing on top right line, SANSA is displayed underneath, and “m240 1.0 GB” is displayed on the middle button line. I can’t at all access the player menu when I press the menu button. Neither is my player detected when I connect it to a USB port located on a Vista or XP computer.

If my player was detected, I would mind reformating it and reloading my songs, but I can’t reformat it neither from the player menu or by using my PC. I have tried to manually reinstall the driver by downloading the MTP Porting Kit, as indicated in “Answer ID 42”, but the installation always fails.

Is there another way to install a driver?

Regards,