m240 and listening to books

I have just gotten a m240 and have downloaded an audio book from libraryconnection.lib.overdrive.com and I am having problems getting the m240 to restart where I pause it.   According to tech support it should restart if I pause it before turning it off.    Any suggestions

Did you transfer the files over in MTP/Auto Detect mode or MSC? This might make a difference.

I have tried it in both modes 1st it was in mtp auto detect then I updated my firmware and reformated and tried it in msc the pause and restart is unreliable in both formates

does it do the same thing if you just turn it off and back on?

not pausing it doesnt work.  It seems that when im near the begining of a file I will sometimes  be able to pause it and restart where I left off but when I am 1/2 way or more it always restarts at beginning of file

how long are the files you are lisening to? i had trouble with my old m200 on very long wma and mp3 files. you may want to use a mp3 editing app to chop the files into shorter chapters.

I think that may be the problem the books are only broken into say 5 - 12 parts so the files are much larger than say a song would be.  How do I chop the files into smaller segments.

Thanks for all your help

I think that may be the problem the books are only broken into say 5 - 12 parts so the files are much larger than say a song would be.  How do I chop the files into smaller segments.

Thanks for all your help

if they are licensed from the library then this would be a little difficult to accomplish. As the license on the file would have to be stripped. But assuming the file was yours, a sound editing software like GoldWavewould do the trick. It just takes some learning as far as how to and all that good stuff.

updated the firmware… what version is it?

I updated the firmware and I now have v4.1.08A