Lost Podcast Folder

I was trying to get the Fuze plus to show up in a program called Banshee in Ubuntu. After trying a couple of things, I lost the Podcasts folder on the Fuze. I can see it from my file manager, but I can’t see it when I’m looking at the device itself. Is there any way to do a restore to the device so that it appears like it did out of the box? 

If you’ve applied the latest firmware update, podcasts are now in a sub-menu under “Books”.

Thanks…anyway to change that so the Podcasts folder isn’t within any other folder?

You would have to “downgrade” the firmware (by manually reinstalling an older version, the Sansa Firmware Updater program only does upgrades). I don’t recommend that, though. The newest firmware also included a number of significant bug fixes.

@gwk1967 wrote:

You would have to “downgrade” the firmware (by manually reinstalling an older version, the Sansa Firmware Updater program only does upgrades). I don’t recommend that, though. The newest firmware also included a number of significant bug fixes.

And, if like the last update a line in the code that prevents downgrading or back-dating the firmware.

Yes. you can downgrade to firmware version 02.36.01 if desired.  This will revert your Fuze Plus to the earlier podcast design if you preferred it.  To install the pervious version, simply enter Fuze Firmware (caps not required) in the search box.  02.36.01 will list at the top.

Download the zipped file and extract it.  Remove the microSD card from your Fuze+ if mounted, then it’s a simple operation: plug in (either MTP or MSC mode is OK), as long as you click on “internal memory” first when in MTP.  Drag the firmware.sb file to the root directory (not into any folders) of the device.  Unplug when finished, and the Fuze+ will install the firmware.

The earliest versions of the firmware, beginning with the series designation “01” cannot be reinstalled once you begin with the latest “02” series.  This was done to prevent future compatibility problems.  The “01” versions are “old hat” at this point, the new series is much better!

Incidentally, the Sansa Updater will ask you if you would like to upgrade, since it sees that your player has an earlier firmware version.  Simply cancel, or close the application.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: