Loose jack

I just got a sansa clip, and the headphone jack is very loose. The plug will come out a little bit even just by turning it upside down. With normal use, the HP plug is so loose that it moves around and can even give some slight crackling sounds. Is this covered under warranty? How can I get it fixed or replaced?

Are you sure that the headphone plug has been inserted all the way?  With some Clips, it can take some force until the headphone jack loosens up a bit.

Message Edited by Miikerman on 04-01-2009 11:07 AM

Of course it’s in all the way. Do you think I don’t know how to plug in a headphone jack? :stuck_out_tongue:

@starcycle wrote:
Of course it’s in all the way. Do you think I don’t know how to plug in a headphone jack? :stuck_out_tongue:

In a word, yes.

Countless problems and posts have surrounded both the clip and the fuzes headphone jack connection.  This is the most logical place to start.

Okay, well it’s plugged in all the way. The problem is that it’s moving around and coming OUT. thx

@starcycle wrote:
Okay, well it’s plugged in all the way. The problem is that it’s moving around and coming OUT. thx

Have you tried different heaphones/earbuds in the device?  Do they all behave in this manner?

If the answer is yes, you may have a unit where there was a manufacturing error or problem.  Only you can decide if you want to try remedies or methods to fix the problem yourself.  Me?  I wouldn’t.  Take it back to the place of purchase and get a new unit.

I have 2 clips and while the headphone jacks naturally spin in their sockets, they are very, very secure.

Yes, they’re loose like this with 4 different phones, senn px100, grado sr60, sony mdr, and the stock earbuds. The problem is I already threw away the packaging and newegg won’t take it back like that. will sansa replace it?

Message Edited by starcycle on 04-01-2009 06:54 AM

@starcycle wrote:
Yes, they’re loose like this with 4 different phones, senn px100, grado sr60, sony mdr, and the stock earbuds. The problem is I already threw away the packaging and newegg won’t take it back like that. will sansa replace it?

I’m not a Sandisk rep., but I know that it’s part of their regular procedure to ask for proof of purchase.

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 04-01-2009 07:02 AM

boy, it is always this hard to get a straight answer around here? I have the receipt/invoice, just not the packaging. I just wanted to know if sandisk will replace it. I didn’t think that was a difficult concept, I guess it was, sorry.

@starcycle wrote:
boy, it is always this hard to get a straight answer around here? I have the receipt/invoice, just not the packaging. I just wanted to know if sandisk will replace it. I didn’t think that was a difficult concept, I guess it was, sorry.

Good luck in finding the answers you are searching for…

starcycle wrote:

At this point, I would simply call SanDisk at its tollfree phone number to verify.  I would hope that your receipt is enough, and SanDisk tends to be understanding about warranty replacements.

(By the way, maybe it’s just the posting experience and you probably aren’t intending it, but your posts have a tendency to come off a bit combative with people here.  People here simply are trying to help . . . .  Hope it all works out.)

Exactly, it seems you do need a lot of luck to get an answer around here. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll just buy a new one, put this one in the new packaging, and return it for a refund. A bit of a hassle for me, but sandisk can just deal with the return. Seems like that will be a good policy for any future problems, too, rather than deal with the “help” forums. 

okay, thanks.