long delay in syncing to microSD card in Express....

The past couple of times last week I’ve tried to sync some more music to my SDHC card (a SanDisk, of course). On both occasions, WMP 11 shows the list of music and displays “Preparing to sync”. Thinking that it was due to the number of songs currently on the card (676 songs), I gave it about 5 minutes. WMP still showed the “Preparing to sync”. Now I know that the songs are in the correct format because I ripped them myself from my CD collection to the WMP library. Hopefully someone can offer a hand…

Just an update for all of you regarding this situation: after waiting X number of minutes (maybe 10-15 minutes) for the songs from WMP to sync to the SE, I got an error reading saying that the songs could not be copied. Knowing that this just couldn’t be, I tried again-- with the same result.

On a lark, I decided to do a format of the SDHC card-- with it still inside the Express. Pretty much wiped the card clean, but at least when I loaded the songs I wanted and hit “Sync”, the SE had no problems at all. It’s taking a bit of adjustment seeing a 1GB player showing that it has 825 songs on it, SDHC card notwithstanding…

I think I got the error reading when I accidentally popped the expansion card out of the slot. Hopefully this helps anyone out there…

Glenn