Loading videos to the guze without the SMC?

Hi guys,

I´ve found the information here, that it´s not possible to copy videos direct to the fuze but using the smc.  Is it planed by sandisk to implement a feature to use the sync function of mediamonkey? Syncronising music and audio podcasts works very well, but it´s not working with video podcast.Thanks for your answers, konvergtn

Hi there,

follow this thread…

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=5397

looking for an alternative too. 

Hi noki,

do you know if sandisk is working on this problem? I think mediamonkey is the best software and if it is not compatible with the fuze I would think about buying a new player. I don´t want to spend hours on uploading videos via the smc. With mediamonkey I just have to connect the player and it starts synchronizing.

hi,

No I have not contacted SanDisk, yet. to me the video is an added treat, not necessarily a required feature for which I obtained my Fuze. like others who voiced there opinions on this forum I do not think SanDisk created the Fuze specifically for video.

But one can still hope future firmware updates will include ease-of-use improvements in the video department.

BTW does Mediamonkey handle video files converted from a DVD? Also does it run on Win2k? Thanks. 

Good luck.

Noki

Message Edited by noki on 10-17-2008 05:14 AM

Guys,it doesn’t take hours to upload video with the SMC,minutes is more like it. 

shmince, I would like to watch  a daily video-news-podcast which lasts 100 seconds. If I have to download it manually, open with smc, start the upload and delete the file from the previous day it spends much more time than the news-podcast. And there are more podcasts I would like to watch.

@noki wrote:

Hi there,

follow this thread…

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=5397

looking for an alternative too. 

This link just says “Use Rhapsody”.  It doesn’t really say how, though.  I can’t use SMC because it conflicts with Windows Media Center.  So _ how _ does one use Rhapsody to transfer videos to the Fuze?

The same procedure you’d use to import music files is used to import videos in Rhapsody. Then just drag and drop. Worked beautifully on a 2-hr video I imported and there was no audio/video lag at all.