Loading music during initial charging

I am about to recieve a replacement for my Sansa Clip 4 GB player (I lost my first). I was just wondering if it is OK to load music while the player is going through its initial charging. The first time I waited until it was completely charged before attempting to load music and I wanted to know if this was really necessary. Of course, I wouldn’t start playing anything until it was fully charged.

Thanks.

It certainly is fine.  While it is charging, the Clip also is being powered by the AC. 

By the way, if you haven’t received your Clip yet, you may want to consider getting a Clip+:  possibly less expensive than the Clip, a microSD slot, firmware improvements, and continuing firmware support from SanDisk. 

@miikerman wrote:

By the way, if you haven’t received your Clip yet, you may want to consider getting a Clip+:  possibly less expensive than the Clip, a microSD slot, firmware improvements, and continuing firmware support from SanDisk. 

Go for Clip+ I second the suggestion above!

I want one too!  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶٩(͡๏̮̮̃๏)۶

Although, in my opinion, the Clip+ sadly is missing the cool neon glowing ring.  (Some bling is nice.)

:wink:

"Although, in my opinion, the Clip+ sadly is missing the cool neon glowing ring. (Some bling is nice.) "

I don’t miss it at all. It would add to the production cost, and add to battery consumption. Would you be willing to pay $5 extra for the Clip+ for it to have the light ring? How about $10 extra?

Good points.  Although my hunch is that the added cost is far less, and the power consumption is small (especially where you have set the display to turn off after a few seconds).