Little heating while light is on

Hi everyone! Recently I bought Fuze it’s great but…

I noticed that it’s a little warm at the bottom when display is on. When it plays music and display is off everything is OK. May it explain the difference between 24 hours of playing music and only 5 of video (as said in manual)? 

So, is it normally or I’ve got corrupt one?

Thanks!

More information is needed on your issue.  How many hours of battery life are you getting and what type of music are you playing?  Is it 128kps mp3 ?   A higher kps or other types of music files will use up more power.  If you use a longer time setting for the display and play it at high volumes, it’ll also use up alot more of the battery.

Mostly I listen mp3 320 kbs and 15 sec for the screen on, but is it important?

A problem is (if it’s problem) that player heats up when screen is on. For example, when I listen to music, sometimes navigate tracks and change volume, everything is ok. But while browsing pictures and watching video I feel it becomes warm something about 40*C very quick. I believe it’s display’s circuit but it lets me down anyway.

If you have one, could you leave it for 5 minutes with screen on and then check it please?

I left the display on for 10 minutes and it barely got warm (my fuze is almost 2 years old).  It’s possible that your unit is overheating a little due to the display.  If your player is new and pass the point where you can exchange it at the retailer that you purchased it from, there’s a 1 or 2 year warranty depending on where you live.   You can contact Sandisk Support for more info.

I asked about what types of music files you were using because you wondered if the overheated display was causing a drop in battery life from the stated 24 hours.  If it wasn’t caused by a malfunctioning display, there are many reasons that you wouldn’t get the full 24 hours of battery life.  In the manual if states that it’s “Based on continuous audio playback at 128 kbps MP3; video playback at QVGA 512kbps H.264; battery life and performance may vary depending upon usage and settings”. 

Your files are above 128kps.  So getting less than 24 hours is normal. 

It seems like it is the battery warming up. What is the brightness setting of the display? I once tried to deplete the battery rapidly by playing music with the screen on maximum brightness all the time. I seem to remember the battery life being something like 3 hours or less, and the player’s battery did get warm.

The warmth that you feel, is it similar to when the battery is charging? If so, I wouldn’t worry about it unless the battery is also heating up quite a bit when you are playing music with the display off.

@kkojambo wrote:

But while browsing pictures and watching video I feel it becomes warm something about 40*C very quick. I believe it’s display’s circuit but it lets me down anyway.

That’s only silightly above body temperature; I don’t see it as a big problem, but if it bothers you return it for another.