Linux Support Update

Hello all!

I was thinking that I couldn’t work with the Sansa Connect in Linux.  After finally prying the player from my daughters hands a playing with it, I have found that I can sync it in Fedora 8 at least.

Using Amarok, I set it up as a MTP device and all is good.

Cancelling my Yahoo Music subscription tonight and hoping they find another provider. Until then, we can buy our music (as mp3’s) online and sync this way…

Any questions on the linux side and I’ll be happy to try and help

Cory

If you could post some information about the details, that would be great.  I remember jumping through quite a few hoops to get Amarok working properly with MTP and MP3 files on Ubuntu and it still crashed about every two minutes.  Then again, Ubuntu isn’t really that KDE-friendly of a distribution.

Well,

Maybe I posted a little early.  I have further discovered that if there nothing on the player and I try to connect it crashes Amarok. 

As far as setup, I just set is as a MTP device in the portable settings and it worked (well sorta as you can see above).

What is wierd, When I browse the player from Windows, music that I added using Yahoo Jukebox shows up in the Music Folder.  music that I added from Amarok doesn’t show in any folder but still shows in the list of music.

Message Edited by crainey on 02-28-2008 07:37 AM

This is my personal exprience with the connect and libmtp. The player works fine as far as transferring content to the player using a media player that supports libmtp. When it comes to viewing the music transferred to the player on a windows pc that is impossible. The player itself will recognize the files but windows does not. You can’t use the yahoo music unlimited service to download songs over wifi either otherwise the songs transferred through linux will not show up any more. I haven’t messed with using the connect with libmtp once I started using a 16gb view which also works with libmtp.

Message Edited by mistawright on 03-03-2008 02:15 PM

I just got this and I am lost I can not find the radio internet  and it will not hok up to my computer ? I am soooo lost please help!!!:smiley:

@range_con wrote:
I just got this and I am lost I can not find the radio internet  and it will not hok up to my computer ? I am soooo lost please help!!!:smiley:

You’re going to need to provide us with a lot more information.

Are you attempting to use your Connect with Linux?

What do you mean by not being able to “find the radio internet”?

Yes I am sorry I am trying to connect to winxpsp3 both of my computers will not show it in my computer, is there any manual I could study some were for all the fuctions? The earler post talked about a last listened screen and a duell dial? any help would be very appreated thanks Gus

@range_con wrote:
Yes I am sorry I am trying to connect to winxpsp3 both of my computers will not show it in my computer, is there any manual I could study some were for all the fuctions? The earler post talked about a last listened screen and a duell dial? any help would be very appreated thanks Gus

Regarding the Connect not showing up in My Computer, do you have Windows Media Player installed?

The User’s Guide can be viewed here:

http://www.sandisk.com/assets/file/pdf/retail/sansa%20connect%20user%20guide.pdf

Thank you I will look at the manual I just installed media 10 and I will try again tommarow .

Thanks Gus

It just hooked up I am not sure why computers ?? but I still donot have a icon for the wireless but now I can get mp3 Thanks for the link to the manual.

Gus