LilMonsta Video on e280 - Purpose ?

Purchased e280. Starts up fine after charge, radio works well. After press on video/LilMonsta, open/close mouth displays (kind of cute), then unit froze, but light on dial still lite until left all night for battery to run out. Started ok today. What does LilMonsta do ? Thought it might be some kind of virus that destroyed data on the Sansa unit. Just avoid running ? Delete ? Is this “normal” ? Thanks, Judy

It’s just a demo video, it’s not harmful.

If the player freezes again, you don’t have to wait for the battery to drain for it to shut off. Press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds, then release it. This will force the unit to reset and shut off.

Thanks gwk1967 for the info ! Pressing the power for 30 seconds will be most helpul.

I did see may references to LilMonsta on Google. Seemed like a “novelty” oppose to something useful or distructive, but wanted to validate with an “expert” Sansa user.

Is there a way to manually delete an individual item, like song, picture, etc. from the Sansa unit ?

What software do you use to transfer data ?

We’ve had some luck with Windows media player and Winamp.

Thanks, Judy

No software needed. Just use MSC mode and manually copy/paste or drag & drop files from your computer to the player.

Deleting a file, whether it be an audio file for a picture is the same as deleting any other file. Find the file in Windows Explorer, highlight it and press the Delete button on your keyboard.

Thanks tapeworm !

MSC mode

Any setting required on the Sansa ?

I know Windows Explorer, but not sure how to put that in MSC mode ?

Use an SD card and it shows just like an extra “drive” on Explorer. Will my Sansa look like another drive if I attach via cord ?

Appreciate your help, Judy

@judysansa wrote:

Thanks tapeworm !

MSC mode

Any setting required on the Sansa ?

MSC mode is 1 of 3 USB settings on your player. The others are  MTP and Auto Defect. It is not a setting on your computer.

I know Windows Explorer, but not sure how to put that in MSC mode ?

See above.

Use an SD card and it shows just like an extra “drive” on Explorer. Will my Sansa look like another drive if I attach via cord ?

Actually, 2 drives. Both with their own drive letter. The 1st one will be the player’s internal memory; the 2nd will be the card slot. This shows whether there’s a card inserted or not.

Appreciate your help !

Thank You, Judy

I like the lil’ monsta  animation, but it’s packaged with a buggy firmware version.  On the device, go to Settings > Info and see if the firmware version is 01.03.01.  This is the Hebrew Beta firmware, as it was called.  The monsta  was featured during startup.

There was also a sample video  featuring the lil’ monsta.  Is the video what you are referring to?  Otherwise, it may be the beta firmware installed.

You can update the firmware on your player, doing away wih the monsta animation in the process, and making a more stable machine.

Transferring to your device is as simple as using Windows Explorer, an dragging your mp3 files to the device, or using a media manager like WIndows Media Player or Media Monkey, for example.  Deleting files is not done “on the device” with this model, files have to be deleted using the PC.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: