Level of charge

Hi

Is there any way to check precise (in % ) level of charge in sansa fuze (4gb) withou connecting it to PC ? I can’t find it. Please help

Settings>System Settings>Info>Scroll Down> Power

@olhitp wrote:

Hi

Is there any way to check precise (in % ) level of charge in sansa fuze (4gb) withou connecting it to PC ? I can’t find it. Please help

About precision: The values under Settings/…/Power decrease by steps of 5 or 6 percent.

I don’y have Power on this list.Maybe becouse of  menu version V01.01.11F…

Yeah. Update the Firmware and it should be there

Is there any chance that I damage something (for example lifetime of the battery ) by installing new framework ?

No. Things will change but wont be damaged if you update properly, by following the instructions in that thread.

This instructions are on this forum?

Another question, yesterday I bought sansa (new) I used it until battery was dead, and charge it for about 10 hours (on wall charger). However I just read in the instruction to charge before first use. Have I made big mistake or not?

Your fine… that is just a rule of thumb in case your player doesnt have a charge when you get it. The thing to remember is that the Sansa Players like to be charged more often than not. I charge mine every night.

Now for the Firmware update. If you look at the stickies at the top of this forum there is one that says Sansa Fuze Firmware Update. Read the First Post in that thread.

Thank You for replies.

About charging, do You wait until your sansa is completly down when you start to charge it or it doesn’t matter and even if is for exmaple 50% you charge it?

When transfering files from PC, do you wait after to charge sansa completly, or it doesn’t matter?

What do You mean by saying it likes to be charge often, does it increase battery lifetime or what?

@olhitp wrote:

Thank You for replies.

About charging, do You wait until your sansa is completly down when you start to charge it or it doesn’t matter and even if is for exmaple 50% you charge it?

When transfering files from PC, do you wait after to charge sansa completly, or it doesn’t matter?

What do You mean by saying it likes to be charge often, does it increase battery lifetime or what?

1.If I use it I charge it. I take my player to work, if I listen to it at all I plug it in when I get home. It doesnt matter how much battery is left. 

1. It doesnt matter, but why waste time waiting?

2. Basically the batteries are made in such a way that they dont need to be emptied before they are recharged. It doesnt effect battery life.