Left button on fuze

I got my new fuze yesterday, but when playing a song, for a few minutes after being switched on, the left button does nothing after being pressed. Is this normal, or is there a way of changing it?

The left button?

I’m not sure what button you’re talking about.  There are no buttons on the left side of the player.  Are you refering to the left side of the wheel? 

Yes, sorry that is what I meant, the left side of the wheel…

It does nothing at all?

That’s not normal then.  

If you press it once it should restart your song.  If you hold it it should “rewind” your song.

Would it be a good idea to take it back?

The button will work, but its a bit dodgy, wont work straight away…

Thank you for your help (:

What were you hoping it would do exactly? It should after about 5 seconds just go back to the begining of the song, before 5 seconds it should go back to the previous song, here is the thing, if you are playing the first song after starting it up, it has no place to go back to. So If I hear you right you turned it on and listened to 1 song, and then hit the left button and you got nothing, did it bounce back to the begining of the song? If so thats as far as you can go. If you have played several songs you should be able to go to the previous song. If it doesnt go back to the beginning of the song when you press it then you may have a defective player.

@loral wrote:

Would it be a good idea to take it back?

 

The button will work, but its a bit dodgy, wont work straight away…

 

Thank you for your help (:

If you screen goes black and then you press it the first time the screen should come back to life. Then press it again and it should work. Thats normal. If your screen is still lit up it should react on the first press.

@conversionbox wrote:


@loral wrote:

Would it be a good idea to take it back?

 

The button will work, but its a bit dodgy, wont work straight away…

 

Thank you for your help (:


If you screen goes black and then you press it the first time the screen should come back to life. Then press it again and it should work. Thats normal. If your screen is still lit up it should react on the first press.

I just tried that and even if my screen is black it still goes back.  

I know what you mean.  Like if the screen is black and I hit the Home button it turns it back on (instead of going to the home menu).  But hitting one of the buttons on the wheel during a black screen does the function.

So hitting the left side on the wheel should always do something.  Your Sansa isn’t working properly if it isn’t doing anything so I would exchange it for another if I were you. 

I’ll press the left side of the wheel and player doesn’t detect that the button has been pressed - screen or wheel doesn’t light up.

It does eventually, after about 10-15 mins of the player being switched on, but it should work straight away shouldn’t it?

Yes it should work right away.

There’s something wrong with your Fuze. 

You could try formatting it and reinstalling the firmware on the Fuze.  Maybe the software is just corrupted and it doesn’t recognize the function of the button…  but realistically this sounds like a hardware issue so you will more than likely need a replacement. 

Okay, thank you.

I only got it yesterday, so I’ll just take it back and explain.

Just wanted to make sure something was actually wrong so it didnt end up being taken back for no reason.

Thanks, everyone!

@loral wrote:

I’ll press the left side of the wheel and player doesn’t detect that the button has been pressed - screen or wheel doesn’t light up.

 

It does eventually, after about 10-15 mins of the player being switched on, but it should work straight away shouldn’t it?

Not exactly. Sometimes the player needs to be “Woken Up” by pressing a button. If you press it twice does it work?