Launchcast radio doesn't work?

I used to be able to use Launchcast radio fine, but recently whenever I connect, it just says “Connecting…”, and occasionally “Buffering…”. However, after it starts buffering, it crashes and gives me the “Error, please wait…” screen. Has Launchcast support been discontinued?

@silverhawk79 wrote:

I used to be able to use Launchcast radio fine, but recently whenever I connect, it just says “Connecting…”, and occasionally “Buffering…”. However, after it starts buffering, it crashes and gives me the “Error, please wait…” screen. Has Launchcast support been discontinued?

Launch cast has been discontinued by Yahoo. The internet radio options still works but only on their preprogrammed stations.

@silverhawk79 wrote:

Launchcast is now run by CBS Radio instead of Yahoo.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/launchcast/

Anyway, you should still be able to get the stations on your Connect, just not the “Custom Station”.

Regarding any buffering problems or connecting errors; unless something happened since yesterday, you’re probably just experiencing a temporary network problem.  I *think* that the buffering is a bit worse since CBS Radio took it over.  That’s been my experience anyways.  Possibly they’re dedicating less bandwidth to it than Yahoo did.  I’d say that I now experience buffering problems maybe in one out of 5 listening sessions, whereas I used to experience it in maybe one out of 20.

I’m still having the same problems, I just tried again last night. Managed to get one station to sort of work, and it played a few songs before crashing me again. Is there a port I need to have opened in my firewall?

I’d first suggest trying Internet Radio with a different (open) WiFi network, and see if you experience the same problems.

It’s strange that your Connect is actually crashing and rebooting while playing Internet Radio, I’ve never seen that before.  If you see it on a different network, I’d recommend running the Recovery tool again.  If it still continues … I donno, you may have bad hardware.

I can’t get it to work either, it worked last week, but now it will just stay at “connecting…” or have a server error.

Anyone have a station that works for certain? 

@baldbear wrote:

I can’t get it to work either, it worked last week, but now it will just stay at “connecting…” or have a server error.

Anyone have a station that works for certain? 

When you say it sticks at “connecting”, do you mean connecting to your network, or connecting to the server?  The first comes before the second, and in between it displays the station list.

My wife says she wasn’t able to connect last night, but I think she meant to our network.  I’m able to connect this morning.  All stations I’ve tried work, including “Today’s Big Hits” (where I unfortunately caught a few seconds of “Home” by Daughtry).

Connecting to the server, I have no problem connecting to my network (full bars show on the Connect’s screen)

I figured it out, thanks to another thread.  Q: Are there any problems with D-Link Routers? My Connect won’t stream Internet Radio.
A: A couple D-Link routers are known to be problematic when streaming Internet Radio with your Sansa Connect. If you are unable to stream Internet Radio, your D-Link router may need one of the following configuration changes if they are available on your model:

1. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your router.
  2. Enable Gaming mode: Login to your router, navigate to Tools>Misc. and then enable gaming mode.
  3. MMS Configuration: You can either disable MMS in the router firewall configuration area, or create a rule to allow traffic. Enable the following rule in Advanced>Application Rules.
  • Name: MMS
  • Trigger: 1755 Traffic Type: both
  • Firewall 1024-5000,504 Traffic Type: UDP
  • Schedule: Always

Message Edited by silverhawk79 on 06-29-2009 06:29 AM