Last.fm

I just called tech support, they gave me the reference # 2094606 and told me to leave a message in the ‘Off topic’ section of the Sandisk forums. The email address ‘oem_sales@sandisk.com’ that they gave me to forward my inquiry did not work and my email came back to me. They informed that some level 2 tech support guys were moderators on this forum and that they would pass along my information to the engineering department, or the proper place, and that I could rest assured Sandisk would retrieve it. However, they said that I should post something here too, so here I am! :stuck_out_tongue: What I’ll do is just paste my email that I was going to send, here it is:

To whom this may concern,

I called your telephone number and was given this email address to inquire whether or not Sansa planned on putting Last.fm support on their mp3 players. When I called they gave me a reference # 2094606

A little about Last.fm:

_ "Last.fm is a music website and community. It claims over 21 million active users based in more than 200 countries. Last.fm builds a detailed profile of each user’s musical taste by recording details of all the songs the user listens to, either on the streaming radio, the users computer or on their mp3 players.

This information is transferred to Last.fm’s database (“scrobbled”) via a plugin installed into the user’s music player. The profile data is displayed on a personal web page. The site offers numerous social networking features and can recommend and play artists similar to the user’s favourites.

Users can create custom radio stations and playlists from any of the audio tracks in Last.fm’s music library, and are able to listen to some individual tracks on demand, or download tracks if the rights holder has previously authorised it. Registration is required to acquire a profile but is not necessary to view any part of the site or to listen to radio stations."_

All my friends have support for the ipods and what not… but nothing from Sansa yet. This is so disapointing. Especially because I love Sansa… but I’m not going to buy another Sansa if you guys are not going to provide support for Last.fm.

Last.fm has a pretty big user base with 20 million + users. CBS just bought them for around 300 millions dollars.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask and maybe hope that some ‘higher-up’s’ at Sansa take notice and really consider making it happen for Last.fm users. THAT would be awesome!

Thanks again,

Eddy

There is no _ in oemsales@sandisk.com