Large playlist issue is much worse with shuffle

It’s a known issue that large playlists take a long time to load, but I’ve just realized that the problem is much, much worse if suffle is enabled when you load the playlist.  I’m using MSC mode with m3u playlists.

500 song playlist with shuffle OFF:

• Select the playlist
  • About 30 seconds later the playlists contents are listed
  • Click play
  • About 1 minute later the “now playing” screen appears with the song info and album art, but playback has not started
  • About 1 minute later playback starts (sometimes this takes a few more minutes, not sure why)
  • Total time to start playback: about 2.5 minutes

500 song playlist with shuffle ON:

• Select the playlist
  • About 30 seconds later the playlists contents are listed
  • Click play
  • About 1 minute later the “now playing” screen appears with the song info and album art, but playback has not started
  • About 20 minutes later (not exaggerating) playback starts
  • Total time to start playback: about 21.5 minutes

This 20 minutes business was making me crazy and I was ready to try reverting back to the previous FW until it occurred to me that I always have shuffle on and that was one of the main things that changed with the new FW.   I tried the above a few times and it seems to be constantly reproducible.  So make sure you turn shuffle OFF before loading a large playlist.  Enabling shuffle once playback has started doesn’t seem to cause any problem and works as expected.

Can anyone else using MSC with large playlists reproduce these results?  It may be a moot point when the large playlist fix from the Clip gets applied to the Fuze since the Clip does not exhibit this behavior with the latest FW.  But I wanted to make sure the Devs were aware of it just in case.