Languages on Express....

For the second time, my Express has randomly changed languages.  Right now, it’s in Japanese…I think.  I know my Express well enough that I can tell where I’m going on my menu, but the menu is still in Japanese…or another language.  Can someone please give me the directions on the Menu for Music for me to change the language?  As in from the beginning screen how many times to scroll down and over right or left…or…something.   PLease help!!

@elswhr306 wrote:
For the second time, my Express has randomly changed languages.  Right now, it’s in Japanese…I think.  I know my Express well enough that I can tell where I’m going on my menu, but the menu is still in Japanese…or another language.  Can someone please give me the directions on the Menu for Music for me to change the language?  As in from the beginning screen how many times to scroll down and over right or left…or…something.   PLease help!!

From the main “Music” menu, scroll up once to get to “Settings”.

Press “Select” and the selection at the top of the list is “Equalizer”, press down once to get to “Power”, twice to get “Display”, three times to get “Language”.

Here is the order of the selections under “Settings”.  

Equalizer
Power Display
Language
FM Settings
Volume
Reset All
Format
System Info  

Thanks for the help…but I need exact directions.  Even the word “English” is in Japanese.  I pressed up once, pushed Select, but everything is still in Japanese.  I need the exact directions on how to change it to ENglish.  How many buttons down and everything.  I thank you for your immense help.  :slight_smile:

@elswhr306 wrote:
Thanks for the help…but I need exact directions.  Even the word “English” is in Japanese.  I pressed up once, pushed Select, but everything is still in Japanese.  I need the exact directions on how to change it to ENglish.  How many buttons down and everything.  I thank you for your immense help.  :slight_smile:

On my player English is the very first, or default, selection in the Language menu.

You may want to try something else. Set your player to MSC mode manually following the instructions by Thomas in the attached thread. Delete the “SETTINGS.DAT” file. Change back to MTP mode following the instructions, except choose “MTP” drivers.

When you disconnect your player it should reset all settings to default values and it should open up at the Language selection menu. Note: You may lose all your FM radio presets if you do this.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1012

Message Edited by Mr_Moose on 05-04-2008 09:40 PM