Kingston 8GB microSDHC class 4 In-compatibility issue

Fuses Blow:wink:

LMAO -  I love my FUSE  :P    i must have typed that a million times.       FUZE :P   FUZE :stuck_out_tongue: FUZE  …   

Hello:

I have just bought this card (I didnt know the problem) and I want no video, but the card is very slow. Is there any solution from Sandisk. I got the card out of the Sansa and it works OK. It seems a Sansa problem…

Is sandisk working in this? I suppose that this can be solved with a new firmware…

I would hear the opinion of sansafix 

Thanks

JP 

Don’t assume this is a Sansa / Sandisk issue.   Don’t assume that it can be solved with a firmware release.   People reading this might get the assumption that some magic will fix this incompatibility.   As far as I know this isn’t a user fixable solution, and the exact fault/reason/issue isn’t determined. 

If Sansafix can address the problem, I’d be interested in hearing anything he has to say :slight_smile:

Why on Check Spelling does Sansafix always come up as Assassin ?   LOL  

Hello Niko:

I read all your post about the matter…They are very interesting…

Well, I tested the card in other enviroments out if the Fuze and it is much faster…

About the firmware, I think you are right, it is possible that it can not be fixed…Several years ago, it was a problem with a Palm PDA…This PDA burned some SD brands but not all (Toshiba and Sandisk) but no Panasonic…This problem was fixed with firmware…

Anyway, my surprise was with the technical support of Sandisk. They did not say anything… I think this is incredible…If this problem had happened on an ipod…this will be communicated in all the tv News  

Thank you

JP 

I’ve got the same problem with a 4GB microSDHC-card from Kingston. Video Playback freezes after a few seconds and I’ve to reset my fuze, to get it working again. Playback of music seem okay though. Pretty annoying.

I have to give, that the card also behaves strange in my card reader. Reading seems normal, but when I’m writing to the card, the transferrate is erratic. It slows down every few seconds, and goes up again.

Any guess, if the problem lies with the fuze, or with the card? A statement form SanDisk would be nice. I got the hunch that some kingston-cards aren’t 100% compliant with the sdhc-specs. If that’s the case kingston should be aware, that there’s no fire in hell, as hot as a geeks scorn. :-p

@thed wrote:

I’ve got the same problem with a 4GB microSDHC-card from Kingston. Video Playback freezes after a few seconds and I’ve to reset my fuze, to get it working again. Playback of music seem okay though. Pretty annoying.

I have to give, that the card also behaves strange in my card reader. Reading seems normal, but when I’m writing to the card, the transferrate is erratic. It slows down every few seconds, and goes up again.

Any guess, if the problem lies with the fuze, or with the card? A statement form SanDisk would be nice. I got the hunch that some kingston-cards aren’t 100% compliant with the sdhc-specs. If that’s the case kingston should be aware, that there’s no fire in hell, as hot as a geeks scorn. :-p

This is no statement from sandisk but this is a known issue. From the get go there have been problems with Kingston cards and video playback. I have not heard if a fix is planned or even possible. I do know I have had issues with Kingston flash drives not workin on all computers, and my most recent kingston ram chip was bad when I got it, and I ordered it from them. So I would guess the issues is Kingston’s and not SanDisks. 

Just wrote to the kingston support. I’m not really expecting an enlightnig, or even any, reply.

It doesn’t speak well for a company and it’s support, if they limit the description of a problem to 500 characters, in their support form. Sure, a support enquiry isn’t meant for writing whole novels, but how is anyone supposed to write a friendly and meaningful description, with so few characters? For short messages I’ve got my mobile. *grumbles*

If anything comes out of it, I’ll post it here.

Message Edited by TheD on 01-25-2009 02:28 AM

Same problem with the 2gb kingston microsd (so it’s not just their HC line). Transfered the videos to a 1gb dane-elec card and they play fine. I found ejecting the card will restore the fuze to working order (you don’t have to reboot).

For what it is worth, I’ve experienced the same video lockup problems noted here when using a Micro Center branded 8 GB MicroSD card in an 8 GB Fuze.  Runnng the latest firmware, but video only works off of the internal memory.

@ikodan wrote:
For what it is worth, I’ve experienced the same video lockup problems noted here when using a Micro Center branded 8 GB MicroSD card in an 8 GB Fuze.  Runnng the latest firmware, but video only works off of the internal memory.

That’s good to know.  Thanks.

I’ve just stuck to buying SanDisk cards, but good to know that videos does not workw ith Micro Center brand cards.