Just saw & touched a 16GB Fuze at Bestbuy

I was just at Bestbuy and saw and touched this:

16GB Sansa Fuze

Model #: SDM10R-016GK-A70B (?)

2.4 LCD Color Display

4 5/16" H (?) x 1 15/16" W x 0 7/16" D (If I wrote it down correctly)

$149.00

It was black and on display between the 4GB and 8GB. I couldn’t get it to turn on and the person assigned to that area was clueless, said that it wasn’t normally their area. We couldn’t find anymore.

Sweet. :robothappy:

Edit: OK maybe not sweet. Someone over at ABIP saw the same thing at their Bestbuy and said that it is a miss-signed View. I’m going to have to go back and double check.

Anythingbutipod Post

He saw it for $189 and I saw it for $149 hmmmmmmm, interesting.

*OK, More research:

Newegg has this for the View’s Model Number SDMX10R-016GK-A57

Bestbuy, on their website, has the view’s Model Number as SDMX10R-016GK-A70B which is what I wrote down.

That’s a bummer. In the store Bestbuy has it signed as a Fuze. WTH

I got all excited for nothing. :robotmad:

Sorry for the bogus post, I was excited.

Message Edited by Byte on 01-13-2009 08:55 PM

@byte wrote:

I was just at Bestbuy and saw and touched this:

16GB Sansa Fuze

Model #: SDM10R-016GK-A70B (?)

2.4 LCD Color Display

4 5/16" H (?) x 1 15/16" W x 0 7/16" D (If I wrote it down correctly)

$149.00

It was black and on display between the 4GB and 8GB. I couldn’t get it to turn on and the person assigned to that area was clueless, said that it wasn’t normally their area. We couldn’t find anymore.

Sweet. :robothappy:

Edit: OK maybe not sweet. Someone over at ABIP saw the same thing at their Bestbuy and said that it is a miss-signed View. I’m going to have to go back and double check. 

Anythingbutipod Post

He saw it for $189 and I saw it for $149 hmmmmmmm, interesting.  

Message Edited by Byte on 01-13-2009 08:42 PM

The fact that it has a 2.4 inch screen proves that it is a View. The Fuze has a 1.9 inch screen. I had my hopes up when I saw that original post over there…lolKicking Dirt

I’m not familier with the View series and just thought that Sansa had made the Fuze bigger to compete with the iPod.

Oh well. :robotindifferent:

I still don’t understand how Bestbuy could screw up like that. They have it signed and tagged as a Fuze.

Maybe they’re trying to pull a fast one.  

@byte wrote:

I’m not familier with the View series and just thought that Sansa had made the Fuze bigger to compete with the iPod.

I still don’t understand how Bestbuy could screw up like that. They have it signed and tagged as a Fuze.

Some High School Kid, who is probably an Ipod user probably couldnt tell the difference. or they were in a hurry. Either way they are idiots.

@byte wrote:

Best Buy isn’t known for hiring ‘mental gaints’ for their associates, despite the actors you see protraying the ever-helpful-and-will-always-go-above-and-beyond ones on their TV ads.

These days it is vital to know up-front what you are looking for and to do your own reseach on anything you’re considering buying, expecially electronic devices. It’s very rare to find anyone in retail sales anywhere that actually knows what they are talking about.

And in the case of electronics, that’s not always their fault. The company won’t pay to train them, the vendors won’t pay for reps to go around and train the salespeople in thier territories because they have been eliminated, and electronic devices are changing and new models released continuously. It’s almost physically impossible to keep up.

But in the case of an item mis-signed? That’s simply brain-dead. And if the store leaves the wrong sign up, that’s even worse. I’d go in and buy the unit, just so it will ring up at the higher (real) price at the register and then demand to speak to the manager to get it for the ‘offered’ (lower) price.

Not that I would want a View, but that scenario would wake them up and probably get the sign changed. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@byte wrote:

Best Buy isn’t known for hiring ‘mental gaints’ for their associates, despite the actors you see protraying the ever-helpful-and-will-always-go-above-and-beyond ones on their TV ads.

These days it is vital to know up-front what you are looking for and to do your own reseach on anything you’re considering buying, expecially electronic devices. It’s very rare to find anyone in retail sales anywhere that actually knows what they are talking about.

And in the case of electronics, that’s not always their fault. The company won’t pay to train them, the vendors won’t pay for reps to go around and train the salespeople in thier territories because they have been eliminated, and electronic devices are changing and new models released continuously. It’s almost physically impossible to keep up.

I worked a Sears durring High School. I sold electronics, my specialty was Digital cameras and Media Players. But they wouldnt train me on the products I was selling. I actually started lurking on thsese fourms at the time and some camera forums. And Trained myself. I wound up being the top salesmen in the store, and even in the region a couple of times. The asked me to start training others. Its really funny, now that i think about it.  

Maybe the “16G Fuze” is actually an 8G Fuze a 8G microSD card included?

@hazza wrote:

Nope, it’s a View with a mis-printed card.  I’ve seen the same thing at the BB in my city.  They must batch-print those cards and send them out to the stores.

@hazza wrote:

Not with a 2.4 inch screen :wink:

@jkj1962 wrote:

@hazza wrote:

Nope, it’s a View with a mis-printed card.  I’ve seen the same thing at the BB in my city.  They must batch-print those cards and send them out to the stores.

OK, now that even scarier.

@conversionbox wrote:

@byte wrote:

Some High School Kid, who is probably an Ipod user probably couldnt tell the difference. or they were in a hurry. Either way they are idiots.

I chose your post as the solution because you are so right. :robotvery-happy:

Sorry about the double post but I couldn’t figure out how to combine quotes.