Junk...

I just spent 10 minutes trying to get my Fuze+ to turn on.

Not only does it have a horrible user interface, but about 75% of the time it locks up.

Hey, Sansa…want to make someone very happy? Let me send this piece of junk to you and send me a regular Fuze.

Still trolling?

You’ve been complaining about this player for 2 months now. Why don’t you save yourself (and us) grief and simply return it and get another model (or brand) of player. I understand this was a gift, but I’m sure the person who gave it to you would understand your dis-satisfaction and wouldn’t want you to not be able to use what they though was a nice Father’s Day present. I’m also sure they would give you the receipt (or go with you) to return it.

Of course you’ve waited so long now, you may well be out of luck, return-wise. There was nothing forcing you to keep something you were not happy with, and the fact that you procrastinated so long in returning it and exchanging it for something else is on you 100%.

There’s nothing anyone here can do to help you. Granted you’re upset, but you’ve only yourself to be upset with. Posting these negative comments does nothing to help your situation or this community.

Trolling? Hardly.

The Fuze+ is garbage.

Hopefully, people looking to buy one will see my posts and think again.

Oh, I forgot to add…

**bleep** you.

matter of opinion i guess… From the begining it was obvious that the fuze+ has a great potential due to its hardware… With the last firmware’s update it do really start to work good :smileyvery-happy: There are still some issue with audiobook and playlist (when one don’t have mtp transfert) but alltogether it’s already a very good device!

Tapeworm,

your continued accusations of trolling towards people who are just pointing out the flaws in this lousy player (even if they are being a little dramatic) have turned me off quite a bit.  Did some official Sandisk representative make you a moderator?  Do you actually work for Sandisk?  Either way, it reads as bad customer service to me, and you need to change your attitude, or I would hope someone at Sandisk would take this responsibility away from you.

Perhaps VACaver’s experience isn’t the exact same as mine, but I enjoyed this player much more (but still recognized its problems) before they changed the locking method.  I WOULD have returned this product had they made this change earlier, but they made this change after my return date passed, so I’m stuck with this player whose locking method I find annoying.  When I and a couple others posted that we would like to be given the choice of which locking method to use (this would make everyone happy) you dismissed this as a ludicrous idea.  Again, you have no reason to do this, and the fact that no one seems to take any action to monitor moderator posts is just one more reason I would like to avoid Sandisk products in the future.  

On top of the annoying change in locking method, after 11 months the player still can’t handle non-audible audiobooks without retagging as something else, and bookmarking is worse than Fuze and Clip+.   I kept thinking “this next firmware update will make it better” but alas, these problems still exist.

Because of the reasons listed above, I have stopped using this player and just accepted that I am out the money I spent on it.  I cannot get enough for it on ebay or Amazon to make it worth selling.  Maybe I can gift it at Christmas.

I beg of others…please don’t let Tapeworm deter you from using this forum to point out the flaws of the player, or else Sandisk will think they don’t need to update the firmware anymore.  They might even keep this stupid hardware for future releases unless we keep pointing out that we don’t like it.

Hey, it’s all opinion, we’re all enthusiasts here.  Moderator posts show “moderator” under the icon, so please don’t feel intimidated in any way.

We can’t all be one hundred percent correct, or too judgemental.  If something isn’t to your liking, please feel free to post that.  It’s all part of what an open forum is all about, right?

Regarding the Fuze+, I would be sublimely pleased if the touchpad driver could get that critical bit of tweaking, it would make the Fuze+ an excellent all-around device.  As it has a different processor than machines like the Clip and Clip+, it’s going to behave a little bit differently.

The latest firmware builds are getting close, though.  I am spoiled by functions in other Sansas, of course.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@vacaver wrote:

I just spent 10 minutes trying to get my Fuze+ to turn on.

Not only does it have a horrible user interface, but about 75% of the time it locks up.

Hey, Sansa…want to make someone very happy? Let me send this piece of junk to you and send me a regular Fuze.

Did you get your unit going again?  If so, how.  

This may be helpful to other users.  Your input may lead to a firmware change.  But, my experience is that Sandisk is not likely to respond soon.  

I  have been wrong.  We now have browse by folder play in the music section.  

I have the Clip, clip+, and Fuze. I avoided buying the Fuze+ as the reviews I read when it first came out were rather revealing of its major firmware problems. There is still a chance that this will sometime become a great player once all the firmware issues are fixed. Unfortunately people buy an mp3 player to use now, not to keep it unused for a year or two until the firmware is fixed.

I just bought a new Sandisk Fuze+ 4G. I connected it to an Imac computer for charging. The display lighted up and showed usb icon on red background and the little battery symbol at the top. After charging for hours, (the battery symbol lights full green with lightning symbol) I disconnect it and try to turn it on. It won’t turn on.

I have tried all suggestions from the forum with holding down the power button for 15 or 30 seconds, and tried to hold the power button down quickly afterwords, but nothing helps.

I have now connected the Fuze+ to a pc, and have downloaded and installed firmware from the Sansa website. This didn’t do the trick either.

I must deliver the player with 93 songs for a customer tomorrow , who needs it for live playback with audience.

Please help !

-Sorkin

Return the Fuze+ and get a Clip+.

So it basically is… a piece of ■■■■, if I understand you right

Nah, it’s just being temperamental.  From a Mac, MSC mode is your communications mode of choice.  Try removing the microSD card if one is mounted.

Then try a soft reset , holding the power button depressed for about 20 seconds, and try powering up again.  This may not work on the first try, but give it a shot again if necessary.

The Fuze+ has a “forced MSC” connection mode as well.  Let’s try this if the above doesn’t work, and leave it plugged in to the USB port for a few minutes.  Sometimes, the USB controller on the device lags a bit after being frozen; the device will spring to life in a few minutes.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed on my end for you.

To force the device to communicate in MSC:

Sansa Fuze+

1. Turn device OFF.
  2. Press and hold Volume Down button.
  3. Connect device to PC while holding Volume Down button.
  4. Once the Fuze+ connects in MSC mode release Volume Down button.

AFter restarting, see if the device initializes normally upon disconnect.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@jasonbrunelle wrote:

Tapeworm,

your continued accusations of trolling towards people who are just pointing out the flaws in this lousy player (even if they are being a little dramatic) have turned me off quite a bit.  Did some official Sandisk representative make you a moderator?  Do you actually work for Sandisk?  Either way, it reads as bad customer service to me, and you need to change your attitude, or I would hope someone at Sandisk would take this responsibility away from you.

1.) I just call 'em like I see 'em. What would your response be to someone who has made exactly 6 posts in over 2 months and in 5 of them has said nothing but “this thing is garbage, this thing is junk, this thing is horrible”? Or post nothing but “This player is a peice of **bleep**! We were all ripped off!” Trolling is a deliberate, bad faith attempt to disrupt the conversation, discussion or general demanor of (usually) an on-line community or forum. Genuine dissent is not trolling. Continued trash talk, or “beating a dead horse” for no other purpose than to (hopefully) influence others to the trolls’s way of thinking or creating dissent where there previously was none is. Reporting or commenting on flaws in a product is not trolling. Continually harping on them for harping’s sake is.

I stand by what I said; if a person is that unhappy with a product (regardless of what it is), then return it and either get a refund or a similar product from another manufacturer. But don’t wait 2 months to do it! I would say the same to anyone face-to-face. I have no problem in returning something I’m not happy with; neither should anyone else.

2.) I am not a moderator, nor do I work for SanDisk.

3.) This is a User’s Forum. Sponsored by SanDisk? Yes. An official Customer or Tech Support Forum? No. You (or anyone else) are not my customer. We are all simply users and (most of the time) fans of the products. We share ideas, discuss things and help others here. We are all entitled to our own opinion. I’m sorry you think my comments are too harsh at times, but sometimes the truth hurts. For the record though, I have close to 400 of my responses to others marked (by the OP’s) as ‘Solutions’ so I must not be “continually accusing” people of trolling. If someone wants help or has constructive criticism, fine. If they just want to whine and continually bad-mouth a product it’s a waste of their time (in posting it) and my time too (in reading it). If someone wants to speak or interact directly with SanDisk Customer Service, there are more direct ways.

4.) My attitude is fine. As was yours when you resonded to another frustrated user here.

@jasonbrunelle wrote:

When I and a couple others posted that we would like to be given the choice of which locking method to use (this would make everyone happy) you dismissed this as a ludicrous idea.

Not exactly:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Fuze-Feedback-and-Feature-Request-Thread/m-p/235112/message-uid/235112/highlight/true#U235112

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-02-36-03/m-p/223512/message-uid/223512/highlight/true#U223512

Bottom line is yes, it is a complete un-useable piece of ■■■■

bottom line is: no it’s not a useless pice of ■■■■ many of us here are using it juts fine as a primary player.

Yours may be lemon but that doesn’t make them all ■■■■.

Try the soft reset and other things.

I had to check in, to see the state of this manufacturing disaster, Luckily I returned mine 10 month ago.

I see nothing has changed. Its still business a usual, the 99% complain about the ■■■■, while the 1%

who make the carp don’t give a S**T. Good Luck this that approach going forward!