Jason Mraz Playback Issues

I’m able to load the latest Jason Mraz CD to my Fuze, but it won’t play.  I try using by song, album, artist, play all and nothing.  The screen looks like it is just randomly shuffling through the songs.

Transfered to Fuze using Windows Media 11…I’ve only loaded 2 other ‘cd’s’ so far but no issues with those.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  THANKS!

Actually, I just loaded a bunch more stuff and nothing is playing.  Its like it is randomly going through shuffle looking for a song…then it ultimately locks up.  I can get it to shut off by holding the off button until it turns off.  When I turn it back on, same thing.

Firmware is 1.01.22A

Try to go on menu setting and format it. Although everything will be deleted,you will get a fresh new start. If you cant access settings, then go to Rhapsody and right-click on Fuze and then click format. Hopefully this will work. Btw I like Jason Mraz music.

@metalzoa78 wrote:
Try to go on menu setting and format it. Although everything will be deleted,you will get a fresh new start. If you cant access settings, then go to Rhapsody and right-click on Fuze and then click format. Hopefully this will work. Btw I like Jason Mraz music.

Rhapsody? WTF? Maybe I’ve been logged on too long and am getting fuzzy, but I re-read the OP and didn’t see where he mentioned he was using Rhapsody at all. So exactly how would this suggestion help?

What format is the music in that you are transferring to the Fuze that won’t play? Something’s wrong if it skips over everything you’ve loaded on it.

Since you mentioned Windows Media Player, I’m going to take a wild stab here and guess maybe you’re ripping in WMA Lossless?

If so, it won’t work. If you want to rip in .wma format, that’s fine, but Lossless is not supported. MP3 format is more universal to use. You can change it in WMP in Tools - Options -Rip tab.

If not Lossless, give us some more info & details, so we can see if we can help. No Rhapsody required :wink:

Sure enough I checked my settings and it is WAV (lossless).  I’m going to change it to MP3 and see what happens.  THANKS!

Tapeworm…thanks so much. I loaded two albums so far and they both worked.  I’m going to re-rip my stuff and load the rest.  Thanks alot.

One last question…can you actually stop a song on the fuze?  I can pause it, but not sure how to stop it (perhaps its just too early).

You push up to pause, and down to go back to the music list or hit home button for anything else, I havent found a true stop.

If you think about it, pause on these players IS stop.  It’s simply holding playback at the current point, rather than starting from zero, if you press play.

In other words, pressing play allows the decoding to resume at the point flagged, unless you select something new.  It saves a few keystrokes.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: