Ive posted about this before but...

I posted about this a while back ago when the clip first came out… but bearly anyone had it. but yea, can someone confirm if the Sansa Clip is detectable by airport/school security… because if you live in NYC, some schools have metal detecters, and electronics arnt permited, but my school has “airport-like” security… and my fride to school is 45min and its preety boring without listening to music… so yea can someone tell me/us if the clip is detectable… please. thx (for example, the ipod nano isnt detectable…)

If the Nano isn’t, I’d guess not.  But I think it likely that it depends on the machine and its sensitivity–I get different results from different machines (generally–not with respect to the Clip). 

nobody is going to be able to give you a perfect answer without trying it first.

I would guess no, but its just a guess

I’m only familiar with the 1st gen iPod Nano, but I’m pretty sure its metal content is quite a bit higher than the Clip’s.

@silentedge wrote:
I posted about this a while back ago when the clip first came out… but bearly anyone had it. but yea, can someone confirm if the Sansa Clip is detectable by airport/school security… because if you live in NYC, some schools have metal detecters, and electronics arnt permited, but my school has “airport-like” security… and my fride to school is 45min and its preety boring without listening to music… so yea can someone tell me/us if the clip is detectable… please. thx (for example, the ipod nano isnt detectable…)

just a piece of advice, data on flash devices are affected by high magnetic fields. your mp3 player is a flash device and magnetic detectors emit high magnetic fields. you might wanna make sure it doesn’t get wanded or your songs will be like ghosts…

ehhh i really want to bring my mp3 player into school… i might aswell risk it… lol

@silentedge wrote:
ehhh i really want to bring my mp3 player into school… i might aswell risk it… lol

hmmnn…maybe you can try, back-up your songs in the computer first and see if they won’t be affected, if they will then you can just easily format it and re-do the songs

Message Edited by CliPm0j0 on 03-04-2008 10:30 PM

im not scared about the music, im scared that they might take the Clip for me D=

Don’t they let you re-claim it at the end of the day?  If not, find a place to hide it during the day, if needed–it’s small …  (Or perhaps a local store would agree to hold it for you the day.)

All this business with schools and metal detectors…

What’s next, TSA agents in the classroom?  I shudder at the thought at how we all must dumb our lives down to deal with the lowest common denominator.  Gangs, guns, drugs, and other weapons…and we have to hide under the rug just to enjoy a wee Clip!!

How about this solution?  Remember the Maxwell Smart shoe phone?  Perhaps it’s time for the hollow heel once again.  The Clip is small enough…

Unless you are dealing with magnetic fields in the order of MRI equipment, the field generated by a metal detector is not a magnetic problem as much as a low level induction / RF problem.  Your Clip will be quite safe in the metal detector’s proximity.

Bob  :wink:

lol yea meh. my clip is kinda messed up anyways, so i might aswell just take it to school. And they dont have a thing where you can pick it up after school… i wish. the only way you can get it back is if your parents go on thursdays, at 10am… O_o and my mom is not going to miss work for some mp3 player… lol

Nor would I, I’d tell my kid to cry me a river and thats his own fault.

Too bad the school doesn’t provide lockers, outside of the security gates, in which kids can store little harmless things containing metal.