I've finally made the plunge.....

@mags1230 wrote:

I got a 64gb card for my SGP and it works like a charm.  I couldn’t resist it anymore.  My clip+ can read the card also.   :smiley:

Really? Did you reformat it to FAT32? It will be interesting to see at what point you run into the database limit with your Clip+. Unless you’re using all FLAC; then you may not.

@tapeworm wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

I got a 64gb card for my SGP and it works like a charm.  I couldn’t resist it anymore.  My clip+ can read the card also.   :smiley:

Really? Did you reformat it to FAT32? It will be interesting to see at what point you run into the database limit with your Clip+. Unless you’re using all FLAC; then you may not.

Yes, the card was formatted to FAT32.  All that needed to be done was to format it when the card was first placed into the SGP.  It was a very simple and quick process. 

I’m not using the card in the clip+.   I just wanted to see if the card works in the player and it does.  There was only a couple of handfuls of albums on the card at the time when I did it.

@mags1230 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Well, I still have and love my Galaxy Player 5.0, but I gave the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus a new home…traded it for this…

Very nice.   I’m guessing that you wanted it for the generously sized internal memory? 

I got a 64gb card for my SGP and it works like a charm.  I couldn’t resist it anymore.  My clip+ can read the card also.  :smiley:

The memory was certainly a factor, yes. But I also missed the Sony UI and  “Clear Bass” enhancement that I remembered fondly from my prior Sony players…and it also has a line-out option that I am putting to use with a FiiO E11. This player/amp combo is delightful…it’s my stay-at-home music-only setup. 

I removed most of the music from the SGP’s card and filled it with movies and concert videos.:smiley:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

I removed most of the music from the SGP’s card and filled it with movies and concert videos.:smiley:

In addition to movies and music videos, I also have an increasing number of books on it.  The screen isn’t too small for enjoyable reading of long books, I’ve found.  I read the entire series, to date, of George R. R. Martin’s  “A Song of Ice And Fire” on the SGP.  Now, I just have to be very patient and wait for the next book in the series.

@tapeworm wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

I thought mags1230 was using Rockbox on her Clip+ anyways…so the whole database thing would be irrelevant. :wink:

@mags1230 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

In addition to movies and music videos, I also have an increasing number of books on it.  The screen isn’t too small for enjoyable reading of long books, I’ve found.  I read the entire series, to date, of George R. R. Martin’s  “A Song of Ice And Fire” on the SGP.  Now, I just have to be very patient and wait for the next book in the series.

And e-books take up very little space, so you have room for a ton of them. I haven’t been doing any reading for a while, but I should get back to it…I have a ton of physical books piled up that i’ve gotten as gifts, and a whole lot of e-books, that I haven’t yet read.