I've finally made the plunge.....

Marvin_Martian wrote:

I have one coming now too…but I wouldn’t call it “little”.:dizzy_face:

Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0

For a size perspective…here’s a shot of one next to an iPod Touch…

:dizzy_face: 

Hope you enjoy it!  :smiley:

I think you’ll find it quite portable.  I know, since that’s what I have…the SGP 5.0  It fits comfortably in my hand and I’ve never regretted choosing the 5 inch screen over the 4 inch.  Let me know how you find it compared to your Touch…other than the screen size difference.

@mags1230 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I have one coming now too…but I wouldn’t call it “little”.:dizzy_face:

Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0

For a size perspective…here’s a shot of one next to an iPod Touch…

:dizzy_face: 

Hope you enjoy it!  :smiley:

I think you’ll find it quite portable.  I know, since that’s what I have…the SGP 5.0  It fits comfortably in my hand and I’ve never regretted choosing the 5 inch screen over the 4 inch.  Let me know how you find it compared to your Touch…other than the screen size difference.

I can’t wait for it to get here…the anticipation is killing me! I think I’ll have to get another Sandisk 32GB card now…I will most likely still do most of my music listening with my three Zips, but I’m thinking with this big screen that I will load some videos on the memory card, along with a select few favorite albums.

I have my 32gb card in my SGP. If the 64gb cards were more affordable, I would get one for the device and just format it to FAT32.

(posted from my SGP)

@mags1230 wrote:
I have my 32gb card in my SGP. If the 64gb cards were more affordable, I would get one for the device and just format it to FAT32.

(posted from my SGP)

Don’t give me any ideas…it’s almost tax return time! :laughing:

I tried PowerAmp and it’s awesome!  :smileyvery-happy:  It even vastly improved the sound from the speakers  :dizzy_face:  which I didn’t think was possible.  Almost all of the tinniness is gone. :smiley:  Well worth buying.

@mags1230 wrote:

I tried PowerAmp and it’s awesome!  :smileyvery-happy:  It even vastly improved the sound from the speakers  :dizzy_face:  which I didn’t think was possible.  Almost all of the tinniness is gone. :smiley:  Well worth buying.

I’ve heard good stuff about PowerAmp too. Have you tried the Rockbox app?

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Have you tried the Rockbox app?

No, I haven’t.   I don’t even know anything about it.

@mags1230 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

As far as I know it’s in the early stages, and so it’s not in the actual marketplace yet. Once I get my device, if I find out more I’ll let you know.:smiley:

@mags1230 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Seems to work, at least for basic playback…

Rockbox looks good on the SGP. :smiley:

I may eventually root my SGP, and try Voodoo.  I don’t know much about it yet except that they exist.  lol  If I do, it wouldn’t be until after my warranty is up.   I want to keep my OS the way it is for now and just enjoy it…although Go Launcher EX seems to want to take over.  lol

@mags1230 wrote:

Rockbox looks good on the SGP. :smiley:

I may eventually root my SGP, and try Voodoo.  I don’t know much about it yet except that they exist.  lol  If I do, it wouldn’t be until after my warranty is up.   I want to keep my OS the way it is for now and just enjoy it…although Go Launcher EX seems to want to take over.  lol

I haven’t even looked at launchers and all that yet…I only had a little over an hour to play around with it before I had to leave today. Tomorrow I’ll be spending a lot of time with it though. :smiley:

:smiley:

I have resisted the Angry Birds so far…lol. However, I am hooked on Drag Racing

and also, I’ve discovered this player is a fantastic video player. I watched an entire movie on it in bed the other night…something I could never do with my iPod Touch. The Touch screen is brilliant, clear and sharp, but too small for a whole movie.

So right now I have 19 movies, and a few concert videos, plus 12.1GB of music on my 32GB card in the SGP.

@mags1230 wrote:

I’m trying out PowerAmp for the free trial… I really like it so far.:heart:

I see that you’re in airplane mode.  I tried that for a couple of days and really can’t tell if it made any difference in battery life.  I’m doing too many different things on my SGP to be able to test it.  I just turn off whatever I can, including active apps, to help conserve battery.  Those things that aren’t needed but that still run in the background are like little energy vampires.  lol  In the beginning I thought the max battery hours were huge, but with playing music, videos, games, surfing the net, and downloading stuff, the battery gets used up really fast.

Sounds like you have found the limitation in that curve between processing power, and power consumption.  How about one of these?

Not to be confused with this:

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Sounds like you have found the limitation in that curve between processing power, and power consumption.  How about one of these?

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

If I have to add that as an accessory for my SGP, I will have to carry around a purse as big as this:

:wink:

@mags1230 wrote:

I see that you’re in airplane mode.  I tried that for a couple of days and really can’t tell if it made any difference in battery life.  I’m doing too many different things on my SGP to be able to test it.  I just turn off whatever I can, including active apps, to help conserve battery.  Those things that aren’t needed but that still run in the background are like little energy vampires.  lol  In the beginning I thought the max battery hours were huge, but with playing music, videos, games, surfing the net, and downloading stuff, the battery gets used up really fast.

I think the airplane mode helps…it turns off stuff like bluetooth, etc. than can suck a little battery. You can still enable wifi in airplane mode, as well. With airplane engaged, and wifi only occasionally engaged, the battery seems to last a long time for me. As you may have noticed, it takes a long time to charge that huge battery too! I’ve only used mine at home so far, so I have the brightness down at about 1/3. When I watched the movie  the other day, I kept it plugged in…I have a six-foot USB extension cable so I was able to keep it plugged into the AC power.

Marvin_Martian wrote:

As you may have noticed, it takes a long time to charge that huge battery too!

Yes, I have.  It takes so long that, often, I charge it even though only a small amount of power has been used.