iTunes

Anyone know if this will work on a Mac with iTunes or Media Player 9?  Having no luck with this Fuze.

Just got a Mac book yesterday. I have HATED iTunes for years. So I knew I was gonna try something else. I went with Songbird but am still looking. The thing about the Fuze on a mac is that you have to use it in MSC Mode, and drag and drop files on it. The thing you need to know about itunes is that you can use it but make sure what you buy is in MP3 format not ACC… That is a big deal. 

You can’t sync from a Mac with iTunes. But you can use iTunes to rip CDs or to buy downloads IF YOU MAKE SURE THEY ARE MP3 FILES and not Apple’s m4a.

You need to change settings under Edit/Preferences/Advanced on ripping (to make it mp3). Make sure that if you buy songs they are in mp3 format.

Then put the Fuze in MSC mode (under Settings/USB Mode)  and drag-and-drop the music onto it. Don’t use MTP mode with a Mac–that’s the mode for Windows Media Player. 

By the way, the lowest version of Windows Media Player that works with MTP is WMP 10.

If I were you, I wouldn’t just drag and drop my music onto the fuze since mac has the bad habit to put a special file with the name of the track on all non-machintosh volumes. Those files make music sound “funny”. To transfert your music onto your fuze, use Kopymac. I was told that it’s really easy.

@paul_willy wrote:
If I were you, I wouldn’t just drag and drop my music onto the fuze since mac has the bad habit to put a special file with the name of the track on all non-machintosh volumes. Those files make music sound “funny”. To transfert your music onto your fuze, use Kopymac. I was told that it’s really easy.

The thing I discovered with kopymac (and I havent tested this to be 100% sure) is that if you unmount the Fuze with kopymac running it will give you fits. I also discovered a file on my fuze that the mac left there when I used kopymac. I have not seen this extra file you mentioned but will look at first chance. Kopymac is easy to use but I as of yet are not convinced.