It's lost it's mind!

I bought a 4 GB Sansa Clip 2 months ago.  Everything worked great for a few weeks, then it suddenly lost everything that I had put onto it.  The radio still worked fine, and it takes a charge without a problem, so I just used it for a radio until I had the time to re-load everything to it.  

2 days ago I decided to try and load music onto it again, and when I plugged it into the computer, the device would connect and disconnect from the machine repeatedly.  Too quickly for the machine to even recognize what it was (connecting and disconnecting once every 2-3 seconds).  At first I thought it was the computer, so I tried another one and had the same issue.  I tried another cord from the Clip to the computer and the problem continued.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I don’t know, but you may want to try:

1. Settings -> Reset All

2. Settings -> Format

3. Run Sansa Firmware Updater

Wow! Not to hijack your thread, but this just happened no my Clip TODAY and I’ve been using mine for more than a year. Please follow-up if you fix this issue, I’ll be following this thread closely.

And perhaps first, try a system reset:  hold the off switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds when the Clip is off.

@corin wrote:

I bought a 4 GB Sansa Clip 2 months ago.  Everything worked great for a few weeks, then it suddenly lost everything that I had put onto it.  The radio still worked fine, and it takes a charge without a problem, so I just used it for a radio until I had the time to re-load everything to it.  

2 days ago I decided to try and load music onto it again, and when I plugged it into the computer, the device would connect and disconnect from the machine repeatedly.  Too quickly for the machine to even recognize what it was (connecting and disconnecting once every 2-3 seconds).  At first I thought it was the computer, so I tried another one and had the same issue.  I tried another cord from the Clip to the computer and the problem continued.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Kinda sounds like a intermittent, loose connection. If the reset doesn’t work (and I’m highly doubtful that it will), I’d recommend calling SanDisk. They’ll most likely replace it for you.

Yeah, tried that 1st…same result. Next, tried the thing holding in center button while connecting and still same issue just like OP describes.

I reset and reformatted and it’s working beautifully!  Thank you!