Issues with Sansa Clip and iMesh Premium Service

iMesh will not let me transfer songs to my new 1 GB Sansa Clip.  It says there may be compatibility or licensing issues.

iMesh Support has given me a host of things to do which I have done:

Upgrade to their iMesh To Go Service

Download the latest versions of Windows Media Player and iMesh.

Renamed DRM folder in Windows XP

Then, I downloaded the new firmware at Sansa.

Nothing works.  I’m ready to return the Clip.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Butterfly

have you ever considered that maybe it the imesh service that sucks? I bet you can transfer all of your own content with no problem. DRM = the suck

have you ever considered that maybe it the imesh service that sucks? I bet you can transfer all of your own content with no problem. DRM = the suck

I have considered that it is iMesh that is the problem, so I tried Yahoo Music Services.  Same problem.

I’m not saying the Clip sucks.  It’s a great little device with good sound.  But I want to download digital music without having to buy each individual track and am just trying to figure out the best way to do that.

if you dont want to buy each track, then buy the CD at the store. Because if you arent paying for the tracks, your stealing music. And the RIAA will come and get ya. (insert scary sounds here)

if you dont want to buy each track, then buy the CD at the store. Because if you arent paying for the tracks, your stealing music. And the RIAA will come and get ya. (insert scary sounds here)

I suspect you need to try the devices Format command,  even though you upgraded the firmware.

Back up any content on the device you wish to keep.

Please unplug the device from the computer.

Navigate to Settings>Format>Yes

The device will perform a hard format. 

Connect to the computer and try the transfer again.

Enigma says: “if you dont want to buy each track, then buy the CD at the store. Because if you arent paying for the tracks, your stealing music. And the RIAA will come and get ya. (insert scary sounds here)”

Yeah, like Weird Al Yankovic’s song, “Don’t Download This Song.” Go and buy the CD, like you know that you should. :smileyvery-happy:

Sansafix, THANK you!  That worked.

Guru, I’m paying $14.99 a month.  Namaste.

Butterfly