Issue with my 8 GB SDHC Card

I’m a bit perplexed…

Today I was taking pictures with my Nikon Coolpix S4000 when out of nowhere I got a message that said"This card cannot be used".  I was no longer able to save pictures to this card.  When I got home and tried to access this card from my computer, nothing could be found.

What could have caused this?

What can I do to get the files off of the card?

I will aprreciate any assistance with this issue.

either the card has a physical failure or the FAT table is corrupt. if the card can be formatted it is a FAT issue and the pictures can be recovered using data recovery software. if format fails then it is a physical failure and you would need to send it somewhere that provides data recovery services. try www.lctech.com 

Did you use a SDHC card reader to connect it with your computer?Every type of memory card has it own adaptor.

If it can be detected by your computer,you can use a data recovery program to recover the pictures.If not,they are all gone for good.And the card can not be used any more.

If needed,you can try this program called Tenorshare Data Recovery.You can google to get it.

I think your card have been damaged and you need to format your memory card to use it again. So, you format your card and retrieve your deleted photos with the help of third-party Photo Recovery Software. I would suggest you to use Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery Software with the help of which you can easily performimage recovery Mac.

The files could be deleted by system when error happens on camera. You may try some sd card data recovery software. Take a look at this step by step guide which helped me last time: http://goo.gl/HBtYb

@katenandai wrote:

The files could be deleted by system when error happens on camera. You may try some sd card data recovery software. Take a look at this step by step guide which helped me last time: <spam link removed>

I guess you forgot to mention the $39.95 price tag if you want to recover the files this program finds. :angry: