Is this the normal way a FUZE works?

Fuze 4 MB, 6 months old. Adult owned (hardly used, never abused).At times it won’t turn on, read posts tried the “reset” option.  Works for awhile, then same problem starts again. This has happened at least 3 times in that many days. Lost count.Other “quirks”:When I used it the night before I swore I had at least 1/4 green bar on battery, turned it on next morning, NO green just a tiny red line. Listened to my book until low battery message then it shut off automatically.Tried to charge, plugged into laptop (done it this way before no problems), it would not turn on, not recognized by laptop. Nothing. Unplugged it, tried the reset option, plugged it back in and it started charging.  It turned on normally this morning & battery is fully charged.QUESTION:How LONG to I put up with these almost continuous resets and other quirks before I consider it “defective” and contact Sandisk warranty with my problem? ORIs this the nature of the “beast” and I just have to deal with it?  This is my first Fuze, or any product of this kind to be honest.One more thing: I said it was 6 months  old, however I only started seriously using it a week ago. Took it on a trip  to “listen” to my books instead of carrying a bunch of paperbacks.
Message Edited by checkitout on 05-27-2009 09:19 AM

No, that’s not normal behavior. I’ve used my Fuze very frequently for a year or so and none of that happens. 

The ON switch on the Fuze is a little tricky–definitely needs a fingernail to slide and needs to be held in the on position for a few seconds. But it should always turn on. Do you mean it won’t turn off? 

With the battery, the meter is not exact–it may show 1/4 when it’s nearly dead. That’s not something to worry about. But you should be able to recharge it every time. 

If you feel like playing with it, you could look at the Firmware Update instructions near the top of the first forum page and try that. It might help.

But you’re fully entitled to call 1-866-SANDISK and see if they can help you with the problems or replace it. 

…"Do you mean it won’t turn off? … No to your question, it seems to turn OFF okay (manually or by itself). It just doesn’t want to turn on at times as my message stated even when I held the switch on for more then a few seconds.

I assume Sandisk tech will ask me if I updated firmware, so I assume I should try that first before calling them?

Thanks

CHECKITOUT

@checkitout wrote:

…"Do you mean it won’t turn off? … No to your question, it seems to turn OFF okay (manually or by itself). It just doesn’t want to turn on at times as my message stated even when I held the switch on for more then a few seconds.

I assume Sandisk tech will ask me if I updated firmware, so I assume I should try that first before calling them?

Thanks

CHECKITOUT

Yeah… Upgrade the firmware. The other thing, is the Fuze battery likes to be charged more often than not, I charge mine every night, this wont hurt the fuze.