Is this rocket science??

I bought a sansa clip to download a audio file I purchased

and it appears this is secondary to rocket science!

why is it so difficult?

I just want to download a audio speakers talk onto the mp3 player.

if anyone knows how to perform what should be a very basic function

I would appriecate hearing.

I would even be happy if I could find this information in written form.

I do not care about music or anything else, just want this

little 3 1/2 talk on the mp3.

thank you

If you are using a windows based computer you can connect your clip,   and copy the file to the audiobook or music directory.   if you place it in the audiobook directory you can speed it up or down with the audiobook feature.   Both ways will play the file.    The File does have to be in a supported format,  such as mp3, ogg, flac, or wma

so try it.  find your talk file.   check the file extension and let us know if its not one of the above formats…      click the file and copy it, and paste it into the clips  music or audiobook folder.

disconnect the clip and select music,   select play all (if you put it into the music folder)  or  click down till you see audiobooks and select , then select the talk you copied to it.

reply back if you need more instructions

you can download the Clips instruction book too…  from this site under support.

Cheers,

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-05-2009 02:33 PM

Rocket science is quite different.

Once you pass max-Q and complete your roll program, we can decide on the delta-V burn to reach a sufficient orbit.  Then we can trim the orbit for a nice circular one.

The Sansa is a bit simpler.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@bob

are you actually a rocket scientist?

I was born a few years too late to have been in the Mercury-Gemini-Apollo programs, but as boy, I was diligent with my Pickett slide rule.  My father had the privelege in the 1960s. I got to see the spacecraft up close and personal, but never got to hear a Saturn lift off.

Years later, when all of my friends were playing with their graphing calculators, I’d spin up an estimate on the Pickett before they could let their Casios do the work.  Old school.

I’m looking forward to being there for the Ares V.  I’m hoping that we’ll not forget how much the United States benefitted from the Space Race, but we’re giving gihugic gobs of cash to bankers instead of engineers…

Oh, and when we go back to the moon, I am hopeful that they’ll take a Fuze along for entertainment. 

Back to the podcast issue- be sure to check the ID3 tag values (Windows Media Player- Advanced Tag Editor).  The File should have a title and the Genre should be Audiobook or Podcast.

@neutron_bob wrote:

Back to the podcast issue- be sure to check the ID3 tag values (Windows Media Player- Advanced Tag Editor).  The File should have a title and the Genre should be Audiobook or Podcast.

I’m curious Bob, is this really nessasary to enter Audiobook?   I know its  proper to fill in the tag, but I could be wrong but I think i have placed any mp3 in audiobooks and as long as its in there its treated as an audiobook.    Maybe i’m smoking crack :stuck_out_tongue: (no i don’t do drugs),.    But i found this step unnessasary,  just proper.      

Thanks,

Whoa slide rule.   I’ve seen one.   actually played with one.   I can’t believe Engineers used those to calculate.   Matlab is my slide rule ^_^ 

The new firmware design pulls the genres to the Audiobook or Podcast positions, rather than the Music position.

Podcasters are notoriously inconsistent with the ID3 tags, from what I’ve seen.  I have some labeled “blues”, and others are correctly identified.

If the genre is audiobook, the chapter mode selection is available.

@neutron_bob wrote:

I was born a few years too late to have been in the Mercury-Gemini-Apollo programs, but as boy, I was diligent with my Pickett slide rule.  My father had the privelege in the 1960s. I got to see the spacecraft up close and personal, but never got to hear a Saturn lift off.

My dad worked on the design of the lunar lander.  I guess that counts as a rocket. 

What’s the problem? Download the file to your computer. Connect the Clip to your computer in MSC mode and drag and drop the downloaded file onto the Clip. Viola![sic]