Is the clip still in production?

Is Sansa still making the Clip or is it being phased out?

@jm51 wrote:
Is Sansa still making the Clip or is it being phased out?

That is a great question, and something that we are all wondering. Sorry to say, I don’t have the answer.:cry:

At least one Amazon.com Clip product webpage says discontinued by manufacturer, and it seems to be harder to find in physical stores.  But SanDisk isn’t talking …  Who knows?

Let’s ask the Magic 8Ball… :slight_smile:

When I clicked the 8 ball, the response I got was “Feed me a cat”.  Pretty funny.  Weird, but funny.

It is really sucky if the Clip is being discontinued.  I’ve only had my 8GB Clip since April 2009.

Once it eventually breaks down, I hope there will be something worthy to replace it.

The Magic 8-Ball told me “You’re going to die”

:dizzy_face:

When I clicked it, all I saw was the word No

@djwilso wrote:

When I clicked the 8 ball, the response I got was “Feed me a cat”.  Pretty funny.  Weird, but funny.

It is really sucky if the Clip is being discontinued.  I’ve only had my 8GB Clip since April 2009.

Once it eventually breaks down, I hope there will be something worthy to replace it.

There always will be new and improved technology down the pike (of course, it has to be at the right place at the right time …).  Saw a 16gb microSD card at around $35 the other day. 

But, would be nice to hear something from SanDisk.  Has been ominously silent, in the face of many questions (end of line?  new firmware?).  Maybe preparing new products for the end of year holidays?  How about just a message with a timeline as to when something may be announced or coming out?

And let me ask again:  firmware update for the Clip, SanDisk?  Gapless?  Folders? 

@miikerman wrote:

But, would be nice to hear something from SanDisk.  Has been ominously silent, in the face of many questions (end of line?  new firmware?).  Maybe preparing new products for the end of year holidays?  How about just a message with a timeline as to when something may be announced or coming out?

And let me ask again:  firmware update for the Clip, SanDisk?  Gapless?  Folders? 

Agreed, even just a “Yep, we’re still here” post from them would be great.

i think that this ‘silence’ is better that hearing sandisk say “we’re bankrupt… sorry, no more sansa”.  I think they are just preparing for something big…  What do you guys think? 

@marqck wrote:

i think that this ‘silence’ is better that hearing sandisk say “we’re bankrupt… sorry, no more sansa”.  I think they are just preparing for something big…  What do you guys think? 

The Magic 8ball said “Maybe.”…

It still says I’m going to die. :cry:

If I suddenly stop posting, you guys will know why…

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 07-08-2009 05:59 PM

In a way, it’s true… it doesn’t say when and no one lives forever…

@marqck wrote:
  no one lives forever…

Stop shattering my delusions! :stuck_out_tongue::smileyvery-happy:

hmmm… want to try The Death Clock?

@marqck wrote:

Holy moly, it says I’m going to live to be 94 years old.  With a BMI of 29, my doctor tells me I could die any day.  :wink:

@promisedplanet wrote:

@marqck wrote:

Holy moly, it says I’m going to live to be 94 years old.  With a BMI of 29, my doctor tells me I could die any day.  :wink:

72 for me…although I guessed my weight rather than hop on a scale:dizzy_face:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

@marqck wrote:

72 for me…although I guessed my weight rather than hop on a scale:dizzy_face:

For the heck of it I did it again, with the same parameters, and this time it said I’m going to live to be 91.  Did we get bombarded by cosmic rays in the last 10 minutes, or something?

I’m still waiting for gwk1967’s reply… did he just “suddenly stopped posting”? you guys know what that means?  It means we’re going off topic!

Nope, still kickin’ (but my internet was dead all day. Hmm, maybe that’s what the 8-Ball was talking about…)