Is Sansa customer service blowing smoke?

I’m attempting to resolve a problem with decreased battery life on my Fuze ( 11-12 hrs/charge).

I was told it’s probably because I mainly listen to audio books (which might sound reasonable, except that the battery drains at the same rate when I listen to music or the radio).

I was then told  I should continue charging for an additional 3-4 hours AFTER the battery has fully charged.  To what end? Full’s full.  Right?

Am I spinning my wheels trying to get them to come up with a solution?  

Actually depending on how long you have had your Fuze that could be a reasonable charge. I have had my fuze for about 2 years and with non stop playing and moderate skipping and a mix between ogg and mp3 (mostly mp3) I get 10-14 hours depending on other factors. If you are using audible audiobooks then the decoding of the audible files can indeed decrease your battery life. If you are using mp3 then factors like bitrate and other things can have an effect as well.

I was then told  I should continue charging for an additional 3-4 hours AFTER the battery has fully charged.  To what end? Full’s full.  Right?

…

How do you know it’s full?  'Cause the battery indicator says so, right?  But that indicator may not be all that accurate.  E.g. it probably works by measuring battery voltage & has a threshold at which point it indicates “full”.  But the voltage at that point is probably not the maximum.

Try it.   It’s easy enough.

Bob

whenpiggsfly wrote:

I’m attempting to resolve a problem with decreased battery life on my Fuze ( 11-12 hrs/charge).

I don’t see a problem here. There are people getting less on a brand-new machine. If your’s is months or years older, this is to be expected as the LI-Po type batteries gradually loses power (and sustainable playing time) over its life.

Quite understandable . . . I know I used to have more power & stamina when I was younger than I do now. :stuck_out_tongue: