Is mine broken?!?!

I got the 2GB clip and its nothing but problems so far. When I make playlist or anything, the transfer to device button almost never works. Making playlists are close to impossible. The super easy grip they have saying “drag songs here and done” doesn’t work for ■■■■. When I finally did get a playlist goin that I liked, it keeps having problems saying error on certain songs and then once I thought I had it goin good, it said I had a 20 minute wait for the songs to transfer to device, so I leave and come back 20 minutes later, and what do you know, half way through my playlist it stoped transfering songs over and said there was some ■■■■ error. I have been so raged over this thing so far, Im seriously thinking of returnin it. Someone help me out and prove me wrong please.

What OS are you using, Windows XP, Vista, a Mac?  What mode is the Clip connected, MSC or MTP?  What software are you using to do playlists and sync to Clip?  This will help us give you suggestions.  I’ve not had problems connected in either MSC or MTP mode with Windows XP and Windows Media Player.

Wow, That’s a lot of information, but there isn’t one clue about your system or the program used for transfer.

Don’t worry, with more information, we can get you up and running.

As-is, I’d start by installing a Z-80 and ZCPR3 first.

Give us more info!  Feeding your Sansa is simple.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

As-is, I’d start by installing a Z-80 and ZCPR3 first.

Simply curious, what are/is z-80 and zcpr3? Similar to an ID10T error?

As there was nothing at all about the computer side of the equation, it’s virtually impossible to assist.

I mentioned the Zilog Z-80 8-bit microprocessor, a rocket in its heyday.  ZCPR3 was a command update I run in my (still functional) Kaypro10 computer.  It’s fun to listen to the MicroScience platter drive spool up.  The 10MB (yes, megabyte!) hard drive was about $1500 in the early 80s.  The complete OS consumed 4KB.  It can load and spool a document to the printer in mere seconds.

It doesn’t have a USB port anywhere!  Where do I plug in my Sansa?

The e280’s firmware couldn’t even fit in the unit’s 10MB drive!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@kwbskater wrote:
I got the 2GB clip and its nothing but problems so far. When I make playlist or anything, the transfer to device button almost never works. Making playlists are close to impossible. The super easy grip they have saying “drag songs here and done” doesn’t work for ■■■■. When I finally did get a playlist goin that I liked, it keeps having problems saying error on certain songs and then once I thought I had it goin good, it said I had a 20 minute wait for the songs to transfer to device, so I leave and come back 20 minutes later, and what do you know, half way through my playlist it stoped transfering songs over and said there was some ■■■■ error. I have been so raged over this thing so far, Im seriously thinking of returnin it. Someone help me out and prove me wrong please.

I have none of your issues, and simply drag and drop copies of my music to my Clip in 10 seconds.