Installed Rockbox....Bad move

Hello All,

Long story short, installed rockbox, was running fine.  Wasn’t thinking and plugged in the usb cable…screen went black, fuze seems dead.  Hard reset doesn’t work.  Booting into the OF doesn’t work either.  Btw, my fuze is a v2.

Any suggestions?

Graveyard wrote:

Hello All,

Long story short, installed rockbox, was running fine.  Wasn’t thinking and plugged in the usb cable…screen went black, fuze seems dead.  Hard reset doesn’t work.  Booting into the OF doesn’t work either.  Btw, my fuze is a v2.

Any suggestions?

Well, in all fairness, the V2 port is listed as unstable…it’s still a work in progress.

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Port_Status 

" Rockbox is considered Stable on Fuze v1/e200v2, Unstable on Clip v1, Clip v2, Clip+, Fuze v2, C200 v2 , and Unusable on m200 v4"

In regards to your issue, though…http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Specific_problems

" Clip+/Clipv2/Fuzev2 : The players might crash in a state where a hardware power off is not possible. You have to wait for the battery to discharge fully; it might take up to 3 days. See http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=24992.msg168026#msg168026 "

That’s the best advice I can offer…saratoga would certainly know more than I though.

Yeah, fully aware it was unstable.  I’m kinda stubborn though. I’ll just give it time to drain

Thx for the reply

Okay, battery finally died and when I plugged it in the little flower popped up…happy, happy, joy joy

Reinstalled the latest firmware and removed rockbox.  everything was like I left it except time, date…etc.

To be sure there are no straglers, could someone list the files that should be in the root directory?

Or a link to this in case this has been discussed before.

Thanks again

@graveyard wrote:

Okay, battery finally died and when I plugged it in the little flower popped up…happy, happy, joy joy

Reinstalled the latest firmware and removed rockbox.  everything was like I left it except time, date…etc.

To be sure there are no straglers, could someone list the files that should be in the root directory?

Thanks again

Just format it. You do have backup copies of all your songs (movies, pics, etc.), right?

Graveyard wrote:

If you removed Rockbox, all remants of it should also be gone. As far as the list of folders & files that are supposed to be in the root directory, that would depend on whether you are in MTP or MSC mode. Formatting and re-installing the firmware should revert it back to ‘factory specs’ and be no worse for wear. :wink:

Good idea…yes I do have backups. I did that right before the rockbox install.

I’m in msc mode

Thx