Inability to update

Hey all,

I bought a new black 4gb fuze in the US, and have many songs in Hebrew, but they are displayed in gibberish (flipped letters). I tried to update firmware but my antivirus (NOD32) announced at the beginning of updating process that it contains a trojan, so the updater never finishes the process. I also tried to copy the “Fuzeh.bin” file but that retrieved an error as well.

What should I do??

well, nod 32 has always seemed to me a good anti-virus; i have heard good things about it, although, I havnt heard many lately. You are downloading the installation file from this site, right? if you are not, then it might have a true trojan. but if you are downloading from this site, try disabling nod 32 or using another pc.

and, I am not sure if the new Firmware supports Herbrew fonts or not:neutral_face:

Mark

Message Edited by markjones12345 on 10-28-2008 03:59 AM

@em5750 wrote:

Hey all,

I bought a new black 4gb fuze in the US, and have many songs in Hebrew, but they are displayed in gibberish (flipped letters). I tried to update firmware but my antivirus (NOD32) announced at the beginning of updating process that it contains a trojan, so the updater never finishes the process. I also tried to copy the “Fuzeh.bin” file but that retrieved an error as well.

What should I do??

For what it’s worth, here it is over 1 year later and NOD32 is again reporting that the Sansa FUZE Updater has downloaded a trojan of the Win32/Genetik variety.  Two days in a row.  NOD32 has been excellent on my systems for years, but I’m thinking this may be a bogus message.  A “false positive” virus discovery.

Wotan6 wrote:

For what it’s worth, here it is over 1 year later and NOD32 is again reporting that the Sansa FUZE Updater has downloaded a trojan of the Win32/Genetik variety.  Two days in a row.  NOD32 has been excellent on my systems for years, but I’m thinking this may be a bogus message.  A “false positive” virus discovery.

Same thing happened a while back with AVG.